“Not as spectacular as some have reviewed”
Review of O'Sushi Restaurant

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I travel a great deal, and have been to the most expensive and out of the way Sushi Restaurants. O'Sushi is average. If you have not had sushi much, this would be a very good spot, as it is fresh and acceptable. The price is average to a little high for what you get, but that is to be expected in the Midwest as you have to have everything flown in. The service is good, and efficient.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

This business has gotten rave reviews in the past, we went to compare and found it so-so. Fresh fish is a must, which they had, but you can only do so much with it. I've had shashimi all over the orient and the Marianas. The food is nothing special here.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is my go-to place for sushi when I'm on my own.

The place is fairly small, about a dozen tables. There's a couple of nice and friendly waitresses.

I'm not one for fancy rolls. I think putting cream cheese in a sushi roll should be a crime. The majority of what I eat is nigiri, the slices of fish sitting on a handful of rice, or sashimi, slices of fish by themselves.

The octopus is tender, which is good because it's cooked and too easy to overcook. The raw fish I've had - salmon, tuna, yellowtail, snapper, and probably more, depending on what's best in season - have always been fresh and full of good flavor. It's trivially easy for me to spend more than I should here, because the fish is so good.

I've had little of their other food. Their edamame is good, which is to say, well steamed, and the seaweed salad is tasty. You do not get soup and salad for free unless you order a specific dinner plate or combo, and that's fine. The basic soup and salad are nothing special.

For those who don't get the name, Japanese O' is a signl of politeness. It's not an Irish spelling, it's a way of politely naming the restaurant.

1  Thank KTOmato
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This little restaurant is in a very unassuming strip mall and the appearance might not impress you, but the food impressed me. Very fast service compared to many other sushi places, and very good -- rice with good consistency, fresh fish, pungent wasabi, crunchy-sweet seaweed salad and strong green tea. Great prices for what you get, too. I look forward to the next trip to Canton so I can revisit this place!

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Looks like they have been remodelling (for several years). Food is acceptable, cleanliness could be better, but at the price - it is all worthwhile.