“Excellent, Fresh Sushi”

Dining options: Takeout
Michigan
“Excellent, Fresh Sushi”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is my go-to place for sushi when I'm on my own.

The place is fairly small, about a dozen tables. There's a couple of nice and friendly waitresses.

I'm not one for fancy rolls. I think putting cream cheese in a sushi roll should be a crime. The majority of what I eat is nigiri, the slices of fish sitting on a handful of rice, or sashimi, slices of fish by themselves.

The octopus is tender, which is good because it's cooked and too easy to overcook. The raw fish I've had - salmon, tuna, yellowtail, snapper, and probably more, depending on what's best in season - have always been fresh and full of good flavor. It's trivially easy for me to spend more than I should here, because the fish is so good.

I've had little of their other food. Their edamame is good, which is to say, well steamed, and the seaweed salad is tasty. You do not get soup and salad for free unless you order a specific dinner plate or combo, and that's fine. The basic soup and salad are nothing special.

For those who don't get the name, Japanese O' is a signl of politeness. It's not an Irish spelling, it's a way of politely naming the restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank KTOmato

Granger, Indiana
“Not an Irish-Japanese Raw Bar”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This little restaurant is in a very unassuming strip mall and the appearance might not impress you, but the food impressed me. Very fast service compared to many other sushi places, and very good -- rice with good consistency, fresh fish, pungent wasabi, crunchy-sweet seaweed salad and strong green tea. Great prices for what you get, too. I look forward to the next trip to Canton so I can revisit this place!

• Visited September 2011
Great Lakes
“Acceptable”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Looks like they have been remodelling (for several years). Food is acceptable, cleanliness could be better, but at the price - it is all worthwhile.

Greenville, SC
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I am a regular at O'sushi and am always warmly welcomed when I walk in, usually by Irene, who is a terrific hostess, also, Sangyi is equally lovely. The sushi is terrific, Kim, Jung or Nakg yun, are all very nice chefs. I usually get the Sushi and Sashimi Combo B.....it's always great. Very excellent speciality roll selection.

I have visited hundreds of sushi restaurants......this one is in the top 5%.

Be aware that the facade of the shopping center is being redone .... it is an improvement, but it might make it look like the resturant is not open....I suspect that the construction will be complete in summer 2010.

Gene.

1 Thank geneRayburn
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Horrible service and I've had better sushi at buffets”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Horrible service and I've had better sushi at buffets

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook