“Great, authentic Japanese ramen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Matsuchan

Matsuchan
Ranked #73 of 180 Restaurants in Canton
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kalamazoo, Mi
“Great, authentic Japanese ramen”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First visit there today during lunch, and it is every bit as good as others have already posted here. It is small and busy, but I was able to get a seat immediately. Quick service, too. My lunch entree was $8 and included soup, salad, meat and rice bowl -- a great value! It feels far more Japanese than American, and in fact 3/4 of the people dining there were Japanese. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank IrishAyes8490

• Korean first
Plymouth, MI
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

If you didn't know it was there you would miss it! This little place is the real deal. Food is good, not a total "WOW", but definitely someplace I frequent. The portion sizes are big and you get your money's worth. The staff is very friendly and considerate; they work hard to make sure you are well taken care of. The atmosphere is like a small diner so don't expect much, but they have license plates from all over as wall decor; I kinda dig it. Overall your experience won't be disappointing and you will find it to become a comforting and reliable choice.

Texas
“Craving Pork Ramen Soup Right Now!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I don't live anywhere near Michigan....but everytime I fly into Detroit, I have to satisfy my craving and visit Matsuchan! Needless to say I'm jealous of the locals and wish we had a ramen shop like this back home.

The pork ramen soup is my all-time favorite, but you really can't go wrong with any of their other types ramen. For roughly $9-$10, you get a heaping bowl of noodles and soup goodness. They also offer smaller portions as well as ramen sets that include ramen, fried rice and dumplings. Not to forget...the friendly, quick service and the reasonable prices can't be beat in the area!

• Visited March 2012
Flint, mi
“Huge Bowls of Noodles”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The bowls are enormous here. I am a big eater and barely finished mine. Most patrons were getting to-go boxes.

The food is fresh and yummy. Sauce and spice selections are available on the table to liven things up.

You know you are in an authentic place when the specials on the wall are listed only in Japanese characters.

Odd licence plate decor on wall by entry. You can watch the chef prepare your food from any table in this small restaurant.

Hard to find by address... so I posted a photo. You can find this place in the strip mall with the Dollar Tree store. Just drive towards the back corner of the strip mall, and there it is (small green letters in sign).

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank flintjarvis
Lake Odessa
“Totally Unexpected”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This tiny restaurant will definitely surprise you. It is located in a small strip mall and looks very unassuming. A little rough even. Do not be afraid to go in! It seats about 20, barely. The chef is front and center from the dining area so you can see most of what is happening. The decor is not much to look at but there is not much wait once you order your food. We went on a Sunday night and every table was taken by the time we got out food, which was about 15 minutes. My husband ordered stir-fried noodles and I ordered the Champon noodle bowl. Each order was enough to feed at least 3 people, comfortably sated. I have never been so full but wanted to eat so much more! Unfortunately, I can not tell you much of my husbands dish because neither he nor I wanted to share what we ordered! The most important thing I can share with you is; don't be afraid to order anything off this menu. Everything that goes into these noodle bowls is well balanced. Step outside the box and you'll be glad you did.

• Visited January 2012

Been to Matsuchan? Share your experiences!