“Canton, MI”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Canton, MI”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had no where to go when I checked in, I ended up staying 2 months. The people there saved my life, it was the best experience of my life. The manager, Angela was so kind from the first day. Klodianna was a friend I will never forget. Kathy, Maria, everyone helped me and treated me as a friend. I will never forget any of them.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had such a wonderful and memorable stay with us. Thank you for your comments, especially your kind words about Angela, Klodianna, Kathy and Maria. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff and I could be there for you in your time of need. Best of luck moving foward!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Each time I stay at the hotel Klodiana always make sure my stay is plasent and I have eveything I need, its always great to see her smiling face when I stay at the hotel. Its also very nice that Klodiana remebers my full name when shes speaking to me, it shows she take pride in greeting the customers with care. MB

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bogieknight
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that Klodiana has made a great impression on you. It's employees like her that truly make our hotels a "home away from home".

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was second time that I stayed this hotel.
I have nothing but most wonderful experience at this hotel.
The front desk person, Klodiana was remember me.
I came early, but she coordinated a room for me.

The room is clean, with enough towels.
The hotel is in a great location with easy access to the freeway and to some good restaurants which were in walking distance.

I will difenetelly stay again!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AM1069
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! I am so glad to hear that you would stay with us again! Knowing that is the best sort of feedback! I will pass on your kind words to Klodiana!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came to Michigan to head a very large telecommunications project. My first bad experience was being quoted an incorrect nighly fee by the 1-800 number. Spoke with a Tyler. Upon arrival I had to wait for an attendant to even acknowledge me at the front desk. My plans were to stay for several months, but after being told that the one day that I would have for housekeeping would actually be on the day of my checkout & I couldn't have a one time wake up call, I was fed up with this hotels inability to treat me like a customer. I moved 20min away from my office just to stay in another hotel that would appreciate my loyal business and needs. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. I am sorry that we were unable to provide an earlier housekeeping day for you and that you felt it necessary to depart our hotel. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our stay was 2 nights long. It was decent for us to rest and shower. The price was good and the location was convenient. This hotel served its purpose. My only complaint is there was someone's long hair all in the comforter from static I am assuming..? Kinda gross but it wasn't that big of a deal. Everything else was fresh.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Bekahbooya
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.
We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards. In order to meet our standards, we have strict procedures which are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring: in particular, we replace linens with fresh, clean bedding and inspect all rooms prior to making them available. I take your comments very seriously, so, I have met with our hotel management and staff to prevent such a situation from occurring again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been working out of town for a month.This hotel has been a clean and affordable place to stay for the working man on a tight budget.The rooms are very clean, And smell nice. Most importantly the beds are clean and comfortable.The microwave,stove and refrigerator make it a comfortable stay away from home.The lady at the front desk,Klodiana is a bright and cheerful person to do business with.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank james c
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. I am so glad that our hotel has worked so well for you. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests – from the housekeepers to our front desk associates – your satisfaction makes us so happy.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Cedar Springs, Michigan, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The walls and floors in this hotel are paper thin, I could hear the shower and toilet in adjacent rooms as well as every time a door opened. The comforter kept sliding off the bed and the blanket was too short to cover my feet and pull up to my shoulders. They offer absolutely nothing extra, skimpy breakfast (apple, muffin, and oatmeal). It was clean and the staff was friendly. I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.
We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. I am also sorry that you didn’t enjoy our breakfast. Our Grab and Go Breakfast is a new feature for us and many of our guests often enjoy it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!