“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Canton
A TripAdvisor Member
kebanon
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay in the canton LA Quintana the stay there was great. They treated us like family. The bed was wonderful as always. Cant say enough good things about it.great great great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Four friends and myself stayed last weekend. Two were from Canada and three of us from Ohio. We stayed here one other time and I forgot to write a review...this time I promised myself I would, because it was a wonderful stay! The employes were so friendly and very helpful. Cathy, one of the Desk Ladies never did anything at normal speed. She was a human Energizer Bunny. A four legged guest threw up in the lobby and she practically whistled as she cleaned up the floor! Another young Lady helped us on Saturday night by giving us five plates and five forks so we could celebrate one of my friends birthday with a cake we bought and had forgotten to purchase anything to eat it on or with! That brings me to breakfast. Very nice and well taken care of. The only thing missing was a mini refrigerator and a microwave in the room. That minus was not even close to a deal breaker, just would have been nice. We even had a great time with the other guests! Such a friendly, warm and enjoyable visit! Did I mention it is surrounded by Shopping ( We ladies love that! ) and lots of eating places close too! The Canadians loved the Tim Horton's across the road! We were all very happy with our stay and won't hesitate to stay there again!!! Thanks again to the Great Front Desk Ladies!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and the rooms were great. Two Full beds. Didn't need AC or heat...pe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It is a very nice hotel to stay. I was on a music workshop in Detroit when I stayed here. They have a nice variety in the complimentary breakfast every morning. I would totally recommend staying here anytime.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I appreciated the helpful staff. The room was clean and comfortable. The king sized bed was great. It is a quiet location, yet very near the Interstate, and near a variety of restaurant choices. What I appreciated most was the reasonable price for a great quality stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was the closest affordable hotel to Ann Arbor that didn't have bad reviews. I'm glad I stayed here. The room, furniture, and decor was all clean and like new. The bed was comfortable, the TV large and with free cable, and the breakfast was nice. I was impressed with smaller details like the quality of the towels, etc. The staff was welcoming, smiling, and helpful. All this at a fantastic value. I recommend La Quinta!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have stayed at other La Quinta hotels in the Detroit area and find this one in Canton Mi to be the best. The hotel is clean, staff are friendly, beds are comfy and a decent breakfast to boot. The hotel is conveniently situated to a number of good restaurants and walking distance to several. There is an Ikea close by and right of highway 275 making it easy to access. Will stay there again if in Canton area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Let me tell you, I've stayed at many La Quintas. Their pet policy makes road trips affordable. However, my recent stay here has me questioning my loyalty. We asked to be moved to a new room after they checked us into a room that smelled strongly of smoke. They apologized and said there was one room left that they could move us to. It still smelled like smoke, and there was a cigarette butt outside on the window ledge. In addition to the smoke smell, there was a nauseating stale deodorizer smell masking it. Other issues: an old piece of chewing gum stuck to the shower wall and a missing deadbolt knob. The next morning, I talked to the GM, who apologized but fed me some line about how it was not cigarettes but actually "new carpet smell" that I had noticed. Apparently, another recent guest had complained about the same room, and she had personally gone up there to check it out. She told me that they take the non-smoking policy very seriously and do not hesitate to levy the $250 cleaning fee when the policy is violated. This leads me to two questions. First, if you knew the room smelled terrible, why did you continue to put guests in there before the problem was resolved? Second, you do know, right, that the cleaning fee is actually supposed to be used to clean the room? It's not just another revenue source! I was headed to a wedding that day, and upon checkout my worst fears were realized: my suit that I had just had dry cleaned reeked of cigarettes. How embarrassing!

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton

Been to La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton? Share your experiences!