“Really?”

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

They need a new manger because Debbie never there and the employees don't know anything. Very unorganized never staying here again. Need to have like a manger on call or duty all times. Nice hotel bad staff

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank calrenelovesmykids
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear calrenelovesmykids,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from during your stay. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Canton

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while shopping at Ikea. The locatiin is okay but must drive there. Not much around.

the hotel was clean and staff friendly. Breakfast was good and filled us up.

if the price is right and cheaper than ones by Ikea it is worth it

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The service was nothing short of absolutely amazing! Korene was awesome. I called the front desk and before I could hang up the phone she was there. This staff has set the bar for hospitality in Canton. Thanks Korene you made my stay a memorable one. Looking forward to my next visit!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DwayneWilliams
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have spent many a night in hotels while on business, but this trip was for pleasure, I found it close to the air port, yet near the area's that I wanted to visit. I found the the staff to be very good, right down to supplying me a menu when asking for area's restaurants. I noticed each time I passed a employee, I would get a smile and someone asking if they could help in anyway. I found it touching that housekeeping left me a hand written note thanking me for staying with them. Pool and hot tub was very clean, along with the whole hotel. It would be my first choice while staying in the area again. I usually do not leave reviews, but felt they really make my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Al D
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is not a bash the property review. These types of hotels are bascially all the same. This property is just poorly run.We stayed here during a large baseball tournament being played in the area, so the hotel was full. Unfoprtunately the staff has no idea how to handle that type of occurance. Allowing young kids to run up and down the hall ways at all hours of the night. Not having the where with all to to tell large groups of people in the common areas to keep the noise down or at least setting a limit as to when common areas should be vacated. 2AM REALLY? just shut the light out at Midnight... set an example. This property was also in disrepair. Security key slides at alternate entrances not functioning, so they put a rock in the door way to hold it open, kind of a securtiy risk. My rooms bathroom, Which was a handicap room, had a broken shower fixture. Lots of this type of non attention to detail. As for the reservation system or lack there of. I am a priorty member, this obviously means nothing. not only was the type of room I requested and confirmed not held for me, no accomidation was made for the error.
Just the twelve year old (very young) counter agent placating me. They ran out of wash clothes.....of couse they appologized and said once the had more they would bring them up. They didnt. Others in our party didnt even have their rooms made up for two days...... I also was charged the wrong rate. Not really interested in calling to resolve it because of the previous lack of response. Anyway stay away from this property. Go stay at the Holiday Inn express in Ann Arbor if you really need to stay at this brand and type of property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear SDFAN080,

Thank you for your feedback. We do value our guests and I am truly sorry that as a Priority club member, you did not get the level of service that you are entitled to.

Although we cannot account for the actions of our other guests, we can work to smooth uncomfortable situations to make all guests feel comfortable, safe, and welcomed. Our sincerest apologies for the poor experience and service issues you have encountered during your stay with us.

These situations certainly are not usual and rest assured that your comments will be taken into consideration for future improvements. We hope that should your travel plans bring you back to our area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in the quality of our brand.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and i checked into this hotel and i think his name was jeff s. was really helpful and went above and beyond. the breakfest was awesome and the room was clean. the pool was clean. i would definititly stay here again. once again thank you jeff for the pleasent service. looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank michelle10SanDiego
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed one night for business. Hotel was being renovated, so there was some construction in progress, but staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Was upgraded to a Jaccuzzi Suite without having to ask. Breakfast was above-average, with all items being replenished quickly. Pool and hottub were both well above average. Location was quite convenient for both Canton and Farmington Hills. One of the better experiences I have had. Bed was comfortable, and room was quiet. A great staff makes all the difference in the world.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canton? Share your experiences!