“Great place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Canton
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, close to shopping, definitely would stay there again

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Sumpostman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel is about 10 minutes from DTW off of 275. Convenient but not as convenient as the new Holiday Inn off of Merriman and the Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton inn off of Merriman as well.

I would stay at one of the 3 I mentioned above vs. this hotel. The HIE Canton wasn't bad it is just the hotels mentioned above are closer to the airport, have nicer facilities, more restaurant options and are about the same price.

The room wasn't new and it wasn't old. The bedding was comfortable but like many HIEs the pillows were terrible. The heat was a wall unit and it was very loud. I didn't see any decent restaurants right near the hotel. They had limited TV Channel options but the TV was a fairly large flat screen. It had a microwave/tv/etc and everything was in fairly good condition.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn, Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn on Merriman
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank P4620
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear P4620,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
romulus,mi
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have had the best time at this hotel.From the time I walked into the lobby I felt like I was at home.The rooms were wonderful ,the new flat screen t.v's are great.They have the best staff that made me feel good. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tina g
Naubinway, Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This Hotel has been a joy to stay at. Weather i am here with my family or on business they have been able to see to all the needs required to make a wonderful experience. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are very clean. Great workout room and pool. I have been staying here for the past 9 years and direct all my associates to stay also. Coffee at all times and a incredible breakfast every morning with a great variety of items. I recommend any and all to come and experience the great atmosphere that this Hotel and staff have to offer. I would recommend this establishment to everyone whether business or pleasure.

Room Tip: All rooms do hot have issues as far as noise, Third floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wil c
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I had to spend over a month in the hotel and only went home once or twice. The staff there did everything to make me feel right at home. I got a dinner on Wednesday nights that they put on for everyone, and they even have grills out back so I didn't have to spend money going out to eat every night. I also got a hot continental breakfast each morning. And most of all, the housekeepers did a great job keeping my room clean. It is a very clean hotel over all. Would reccomend this hotel to everyone who wants a great experience!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Aiko S
Kinston, North Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I will be brief for a change. If you know and like HI Express, you will not be disappointed here. I had a few, small complaints but management was responsive. The desk clerks are attentive and very friendly.

This hotel is only about five years old, so they must still be depreciating their old, picture-tube televisions. The one in my room was worn out. Bad picture quality. (They offered to put me in another room.) Putting a real blanket on the bed would be nice in winter (bedding is too thin). Other than that, the room was first-rate. The hot tub in the pool area was not hot at all, but when I told them they corrected it. Great business center computer. Great breakfast attendant.

The location is terrific. Right off of I-275. The building was built perpendicular to it, so there is no truck noise. Even in winter, it is easy to drive just about anywhere on the interstate from here. The hotel is minutes from the airport, but far enough to not get any noise from it. It is right on Michigan Avenue / Route 12 which means that you just turn right when you leave the hotel and after 20 very interesting miles of roadway you will be in downtown Detroit. For an unbelievable selection of restaurants, you have to drive north on I-275 one exit to Ford Avenue, not far at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I spent there two weeks on a business trip and I found it better than average, and I have seen many hotels of this brand. The rooms (called "suites") are spacious, there is a mini kitchen and the beds are very good. The wifi works although not very fast. Breakfast is not a culinary delight but quite ok. But what would you expect for this price. The staff is friendly and when I had a technical problem in my bathroom they got it fixed the next day. This hotel opened in 2007 and is generally in good shape. It has a small indoor pool and the gym offers four cardio machines and one multi station. The hotel is close to the I275 but not too close.
In general I can recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the expressway
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business