“Excellent service”

The Sheikh Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 195 Restaurants in Canton
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great service, welcoming atmosphere, clean restaurant, and good food. Be sure to bring plenty of mints if you order the bread and garlic dip/sauce (delicious) because you will need a few. I wasn't a fan of the texture/flavor of the lamb shawarma dinner (it was tough and didn't have that delicious lamb smell), but the chicken shawarma was really good. We certainly plan to go back!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have been to the Sheikh several times, and they do have good hummus, rice and soups, but the entrees always seem lacking flavor to me. The last time we went in for dinner I ordered the chicken schwarma. Once again blan tasting, and I didn't eat the whole dish because of that. About 3 hours later my stomach became upset, by the middle of the night I was in a ball with cramps and spent much time in the bathroom. I almost ended up in the ER with food poisioning...... No one else in our party ate what I ate and no one else got sick, so I knew it wasn't the flu either. I will never go back there. If your in Canton, LaSharm is a much better choice for middle eastern food

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We started with the grape leaves with lamb and the baba ghannouj, which were both fantastic, and had the vegetable soup (good). Then I had the Gallaba with lamb, and my wife had the Chicken Shawarma, both of which were EXCELLENT, and had great portion sizes that allowed us to enjoy again at another meal. We finished with the Baklava, which was fantastic. The only complaint I have is the service was quite slow, but that was not our server's fault because she was servicing every table in the restaurant, including bussing the tables. Come on, managament, get the lady some help!

Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I love dining at The Sheikh for their middle eastern sandwich wraps. His favorite is the Sojok (Spicy Sausage) wrap and mine is the Falafel Deluxe. Their hummus is also creamy with a great, balanced flavor. The owner of the restaurant is always present and very attentive to customers.