“Unique decor”

The Hut Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Calumet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My wife and I happened upon the place on a recent trip Selection, food, service, price were all well above average
Minnesota
“Unique decor”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our hotel staff recommended this restaurant. It definitely has a unique decor with interesting historical photos throughout the restaurant. I felt the shingled ceiling made it a little too dark for my tastes, but my family thought it was cool. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. My son and I were able to share a dish because of the large portion size. He had a milkshake which was extra creamy and delicious. The restaurant seemed a bit stuffy when we walked in, but the air vent by our table made it a little too cool. Overall we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited August 2013

Winneconne, Wisconsin
“Good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Two of three enjoyed their meal. Service was good and the place is neat and clean and friendly. Would recommend.

Visited August 2013
Gladstone, Michigan
“A real find.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Their menu is extensive with breakfast and dinner entrees. We had omelets which were huge and very good. The second day we had breakfast and I found the biscuits and gravy to be overly salty, and I like salt. It has great ambiance with lots of old photos to look at. Nice waitstaff which is always pleasant for dining.

Visited July 2013
Barron, Wisconsin
“Great to be Back @ Hut Inn”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wonderful Lake Superior Troit that had slept the night before in Lake Superior. Superb staff. We were there in 2006 & found it closed. Sad ! We had been a regular at Hut Inn for 15 springs before as we worked at nearby Gitchee Gumee Bible Camp. The Grasshopper pie was out of the world too. A great evening. It was 7pm & still full of people enjoying their meals, for 80 yrs old--awsome.

• Visited August 2013
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“An old time favorite that is on it's way back!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As a little girl my family came every year to the UP as my grandma was Finn and was born and raised there. I have several wonderful memories from those yearly trips. One of those is eating at The Hut. Back then it was of course newer and I remember sitting at our table and watching the fish pond out the back window. For a while The Hut was closed. A few years ago we were happy to see that it was opening once more. Obviously it no longer looks "new", however the portions are still large and the food is still good and it is a great place for the whole family to sit and enjoy a meal together. This trip we noticed the parking lot always seemed full not matter what day it was, so they must be doing something right. The staff are quite pleasant and I would recommend The Hut for at least one try if you are in the UP. You will probably be back for more.

• Visited July 2013