“Poor Service, Steaks way under cooked !” 1 of 5 bubbles

Brann's Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Caledonia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Caledonia's favorite place to watch a sporting event. Perfecting the sizzling steak since 1960!
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Poor Service, Steaks way under cooked !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have visited Caledonia Brann's many times Hamburger is great ! Well now the bad news...We had Dinner this evening ask the waitress "What is your Steak special?" Ummm? think it's 12.99 and then second is Ummm? my husband pointed to menu I think 10.99 ! waitress O'h ya so proceeded to order special I drink Ice water at every meal husband Tea took forever to get drinks with no straws, ok then don't see her to ask for straws finally returns with salad as in singular when 2 were ordered walks away starts talking to other table obviously friends I waited for her to finish talking and said miss? could we have straws and did you forget my salad my husband had half finished his ! O'h new forgot something Duh !!! then salad was horrible then waited forever for Entrée and ordered mine Medium (pink) husband well done (no pink) his was bloody pink mine was Rare purple and rubbery ughh! his baked potato was hard under cooked. She did not return forever Manager (Female walked around our table several times never asking about our meal was very disappointed. Then the topper the waitress brings the bill and says I can not give you the special because you ordered water I just got yelled at do you want a drink to go ?????????? No ! why were we not informed of this beverage deal before we ordered and ate who knows? so basically we ate horrible meal bad service and you want us now to pay full price ? WOW ! so ordered tea to go and payed almost price of steak with special for drinks no deal at all ! will not be returning and neither will anyone else I talk too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RestaurantManager13, Manager at Brann's Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann's here on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you didn't have dining experiences that exceeded your expectations at our Caledonia location. We would like to apologize for the way your entire experience was handled. We often hear of the many great things here at Brann's but it is helpful to hear when things aren't so good as well. If you are willing, please email admin@branns.com with the approximate date and time of your visit as well as the server name if you can recall, our management team would like an opportunity to learn more from your feedback and do everything we can to create an enjoyable dining experience for every one of our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

-Brann's Management Team

“Worst Branns ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I love the branns in grand rapid, they are great. Thia one sucks, i have tried it many times. They get orders wrong, service sucks they treat to-go orders like a pain in the butt, i have gotten food poisoning twice from there which its after 9pm hardly anyone else there. So you cannot blame it on being busy. I would not recommend and neither does half the people i talk to. They need a change there before i go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank redrose2330
RestaurantManager13, Owner at Brann's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann's here on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear you didn't have dining experiences that exceeded your expectations at our Caledonia location. We often hear of the many great things here at Brann's but it is helpful to hear when things aren't so good as well. If you are willing, please email admin@branns.com, our management team would like an opportunity to learn more from your feedback and do everything we can to create an enjoyable dining experience for every one of our guests in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

-Brann's Management Team
Caledonia, Michigan
“Good place to eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great food generous servings. Mon - Thursday specials. Can't wait to go again we all had a great time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Ignored by the hostesses every time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant 4 times now and EACH time when I've walked in the door I have been ignored. The hostesses do not even look up when you enter. I thought this was a fluke the first time I was here because they were slightly busy as it was Friday night. However I learned that the system the hostesses use includes ignoring anyone walking in the door UNTIL their is a table ready for them. So when I walked in he door the second time, I was again ignored until the 3 parties ahead of me were seated. Tody I walked in and was the only person in the lobby with 2 hostesses. NEITHER OF WHOM greeted me. I decided I would greet them instead and forced then to talk to me. I must say. I think I'm done with this particular Branns. And it's too bad because it seems that it could be a great place. Caledonia needs more restaurants. Good restaurants.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RestaurantManager13, Manager at Brann's Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Jeannie, thank you for taking the time to write a review of Brann’s here on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry to hear you didn’t experience an attentive host during your visits. We often hear of the many great things at Brann’s but it is helpful to hear when things aren’t so good as well. Please know we will take your feedback and use it as an opportunity to educate our staff in the goal of providing exceptional service to every guest in the future. If you are willing, please email admin@branns.com, our management team would like an opportunity to learn more from your feedback and do everything possible to make things right for you. We don't want to make people wait when coming in, thank you again in advance!

-Johnny Brann
Alto, Michigan
“Very Good!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently went to Brann's steakhouse with my husband and children and had a great experience!!! I saw these negative comments and couldn't help but rebuttal! The food was above average, but for the price of 15.99 for my husband and I, and a measly 5.99 for both the children, I was sold. Have been visiting the Caledonia location consistently since. The wait staff did very well on each of our visits!
Try it for yourself!
(I recommend the prime rib sandwich!)

• Visited February 2013