Econo Lodge
Hampton Inn Cadillac(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
$109
$68
Hotels.com
$110
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbagelsparking lotchoice hotelsbudget hotelgreat ratebreakfast roomfree wifihot breakfastwould stay here againbeds were comfortablecleanlinesslakebedding
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is my second stay here.

It wasn't as great as my first visit, but it was still good.

I reserved and paid for an upper and was given a lower. I don't like having a door that opens onto the parking lot, prefering the balcony upstairs room have.

The employees were good, the breakfast OK.

There are nicer places in the area - but - they all cost a lot more too.

So, given the price, I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

There are better choices in the area. For the value this hotel misses the mark for the business or leisure traveller. They apparently have a regular clientele of workers housed here. That's ok and they were quiet,but for 99.00 a night a little cleaning is in order. The room obviously had milk spilled out of the refrigerator on to the carpet. The smell of spoiled milk was very evident. When reported we were told sorry they would let the housekeepers know. I think it is pretty obvious from other reviews with same type of complaints that this is a very weak point in this motel. I addressed it to front desk staff and I addressed it in a survey. I got an unsigned robo response back. Sorry we will try again. No, next trip I will choose something else. I do not think I get the value for what they charge here. Ps we were travelling with our two dogs who had been professionally groomed before we embarked I was concerned about them and they chargd us a pet cleaning fee. No problem with that at all, but please use it!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Eljbc
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Tried this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, we were NOT impressed. It's obvious that there are "regulars" staying here based on the way some contractor trucks were parking. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating, but that turned out to be the only positive about the hotel. The room smelled musty, and carpet had many stains. The walls had grease running down them, it looked like someone sprayed them all with a squirt gun. The table in the room was covered in what we HOPE was pop, and it was obvious no one had cleaned it in some time. Please, don't stay here,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FPS2010
Andy p, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest:

First, let me thank you for your input. Second, I take my guests' inputs very seriously. I followed up on your lead in trying to locate this room but I was not able to. Can you let me know what room number and what dates you stayed? My staff and I work tirelessly to make sure all of our guests have the most enjoyable experience at my property. To that end, since I bought the property in 2009, I have heavily invested into the property to bring it up to today's expectation. For example, the dedicated breakfast room. I hope you will give us a another chance to serve you. Thank you.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This little hotel is next to the lake just down the street from the State Park and public boat launch. I usually don't stay at this chain but needed some place close to our family reunion. The reviews were good and I took a chance. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. The owners are updating with new carpet, flat screens and I am sure that will make it even a better value for the money. We were in an upstairs room facing the rear of the building. There is a lovely wooded area behind full of birds to watch from a private balcony accessed through a French door. It is a pet friendly hotel for those of you who travel with your dogs. (never heard any barking) so be aware if you have allergies. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping was very good. My only suggestion to the management would be to consider wall mounted hair dryers in the upgrade. It's a very good value for the money and close to the beach and launch so it would be a great place for a family stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room in the back for a lovely view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dantespaladin
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We took a chance on this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews. This hotel was very reasonably priced, very clean (my main requirement) and easy to find. We stayed here when we were picking our daughter up from Interlochen, which is about 45 minutes away. The staff was very friendly, and recommended places to eat. The rooms were spacious and had a refrigerator. We only stayed overnight so we didn't need it, but it's nice to have if you are staying longer. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but it was fine. The tile looked new and the shower stall appeared to have been recently updated. Again, everything was very clean, which is the most important thing to me. We were in an upstairs room with a balcony at the back of the hotel. The breakfast was typical for this grade of hotel. They had a waffle maker, in addition to cereal, juice, fruit, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family