“Quiet and clean.”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
parma
“Quiet and clean.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This little hotel is next to the lake just down the street from the State Park and public boat launch. I usually don't stay at this chain but needed some place close to our family reunion. The reviews were good and I took a chance. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. The owners are updating with new carpet, flat screens and I am sure that will make it even a better value for the money. We were in an upstairs room facing the rear of the building. There is a lovely wooded area behind full of birds to watch from a private balcony accessed through a French door. It is a pet friendly hotel for those of you who travel with your dogs. (never heard any barking) so be aware if you have allergies. The staff was very friendly and housekeeping was very good. My only suggestion to the management would be to consider wall mounted hair dryers in the upgrade. It's a very good value for the money and close to the beach and launch so it would be a great place for a family stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room in the back for a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dantespaladin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We took a chance on this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews. This hotel was very reasonably priced, very clean (my main requirement) and easy to find. We stayed here when we were picking our daughter up from Interlochen, which is about 45 minutes away. The staff was very friendly, and recommended places to eat. The rooms were spacious and had a refrigerator. We only stayed overnight so we didn't need it, but it's nice to have if you are staying longer. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but it was fine. The tile looked new and the shower stall appeared to have been recently updated. Again, everything was very clean, which is the most important thing to me. We were in an upstairs room with a balcony at the back of the hotel. The breakfast was typical for this grade of hotel. They had a waffle maker, in addition to cereal, juice, fruit, etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie W
Vicksburg
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What an amazing facility! Everything was way above expectations! The owner and staff care about the facility and their customers! While chatting with the staff and owner, I found out that they have done a bunch of renovations done. They just had a new roof installed and siding. There is new carpet through out the hotel and they are getting new beds soon as well! All I can say is good things about the place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hale, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed there this past weekend & were pleasant surprised. The lady at the front desk was very courteous & helpful, she recommended places for us to eat dinner. the room was ground floor & we were able to pull right up to the door to unload. The room was a nice size, had a recliner which my husband loved. the bathroom was extremely large. the continental breakfast was what you would expect, nothing fancy but coffee was fresh & staff was helpful & will to get us anything we needed. For the price it was way better than we expected.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pam D
Fort Gratiot, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped here for less than 8 hours to sleep before skiing. No complaints. The free breakfast was decent, some fruit might have been nice but for the price we paid, it was sufficient. The rooms were clean but a little dated.

Room Tip: All the rooms open to both the parking lot and the interior hallway, which is interesting.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this property because my employer pays for my stay when I'm in town here. At first I thought it was going to be a dirty dump because of the name Econo Lodge. I was so impressed from the moment I walked in to the time I walked out. The staff is awesome the rooms are awesome & very clean. Each second floor room has a balcony of its own and first floor rooms have a patio of its own. If i ever go back to Cadillac on vacation I will choose the hotel over the big name big dollar locations for sure. Great job to everyone who works there.

• Stayed September 2012
Pittsford, Michigan
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I normally would not stay at an Econo Lodge. However, we were in need of a place to stay and would be coming in late, so we decided to book it. The room was clean and appeared to have been recently repainted. The carpet was in decent shape, shower stall looked new, and everything was in working order. The only down side was that the mattress was a little cupped in the middle. It wasn't bad enough that I would not stay again. Also the new management appears to have redone the breakfast room as well, and it was decent for a cheap hotel. On that note, all of the pictures currently on the Choice Hotels/Econo lodge website are dated. Basically, everything appears to have been updated since the photos were taken.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple