“Great Stay!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed there this past weekend & were pleasant surprised. The lady at the front desk was very courteous & helpful, she recommended places for us to eat dinner. the room was ground floor & we were able to pull right up to the door to unload. The room was a nice size, had a recliner which my husband loved. the bathroom was extremely large. the continental breakfast was what you would expect, nothing fancy but coffee was fresh & staff was helpful & will to get us anything we needed. For the price it was way better than we expected.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pam D
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stopped here for less than 8 hours to sleep before skiing. No complaints. The free breakfast was decent, some fruit might have been nice but for the price we paid, it was sufficient. The rooms were clean but a little dated.

Room Tip: All the rooms open to both the parking lot and the interior hallway, which is interesting.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this property because my employer pays for my stay when I'm in town here. At first I thought it was going to be a dirty dump because of the name Econo Lodge. I was so impressed from the moment I walked in to the time I walked out. The staff is awesome the rooms are awesome & very clean. Each second floor room has a balcony of its own and first floor rooms have a patio of its own. If i ever go back to Cadillac on vacation I will choose the hotel over the big name big dollar locations for sure. Great job to everyone who works there.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I normally would not stay at an Econo Lodge. However, we were in need of a place to stay and would be coming in late, so we decided to book it. The room was clean and appeared to have been recently repainted. The carpet was in decent shape, shower stall looked new, and everything was in working order. The only down side was that the mattress was a little cupped in the middle. It wasn't bad enough that I would not stay again. Also the new management appears to have redone the breakfast room as well, and it was decent for a cheap hotel. On that note, all of the pictures currently on the Choice Hotels/Econo lodge website are dated. Basically, everything appears to have been updated since the photos were taken.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank don c
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a modest hotel, but the staff was very friendly, and the room was fine. Nice balconies on the second floor rooms, even though there wasn't much to see. Continental breakfast included waffles, but not much other than starches. Nice cheap place to sleep!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very nice and clean room and hotel in general. First hotel where we had a "french door" to enter our room from the outside and a regular door to the inside hallway. I thought this was a neat arrangement and it was the first place we stayed that was quiet at night and very peaceful even though it was on a main highway.

Bed was comfortable and the shower was clean and had great water pressure. Don't hesitate to stay here you won't regret it. Beautiful lake across the street and plenty of amenities in town for most anyone.

Room Tip: We loved the lower level so that it was easy to get our stuff in and out of it. Not sure whether th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I've stayed here three times while my daughter was studying at Interlochen, mainly because accomodations weren't available in Traverse City. Clean, reasonably priced, located between the two lakes and on the outskirts of Cadillac city. Last stay had a problem with the toilet and the manager repaired himself promptly. For my money this is what a good motel should be. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Within walking distance from a good basic restaurant ....don't remember name. Great breakfasts.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family