“Decent place. Probably one of the better (fairly cheap) places to stay in Cadillac.”

Hampton Inn Cadillac
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The staff was friendly and able to answer all of our questions. The kids loved the pool though it can be hot and steamy for adults that choose to sit on the sidelines. The breakfast was really decent but not a single piece of fruit (or anything else suitable for the vegan traveling with us).
We went to the Mexican restaurant right across the parking lot (based on a recommendation seen in another review) and had a great meal and the best service. There's also a Chinese buffet just a mile or so away that had an incredible selection.
The room was decent and the a/c worked. It wasn't awful I just can't say it was super. Kind of ho hum as far as hotel rooms go. The best thing about the room was that there were several kinds of pillows for us to choose from and it was clean. They have 3 or 4 newer treadmills and a few elliptical machines. The exercise room is open 24/7.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
CadComfortMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

Thank you for your review. We are now under new management and are focusing on exceeding our guests expectations within all aspects of the hotel. For the selection of our Breakfast Buffet, we have added a fruit salad which features a variety of fruits and we also have added a whole fruit (which varies among seasons) so we can better suit all guests. We are also concentrating on the condition of our rooms so our guests are extremely satisfied with the room appearance and functionality of the room. Your comments are helping us make changes in key areas and we invite you back to stay with us again your next time in the area so we are able to show you these changes. Thank you.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

We were disappointed in the Comfort Inn at Cadillac. Though it was passable, it had no extra attention to detail that would have made it a 3 out of 5 stars. The pool was nice and the continental breakfast was satisfactory. They advertise wifi, but it works only here and there and would not work reliably in the room. The desk clerk said I could use it in the lobby--not exactly convenient. The price range was fine, but we stayed at least two other places for the same price that were far beyond in quality. The worst to us were two things: the sheets looked less than clean and in fact, they didn't look fresh! The towels were those awful thin, not absorbent type that make you want to go home and shower again. We usually stay in 3/5 star places, so we aren't what you'd call motel snobs!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that we fell below your expectations during your stay with us. With are currently under new management and are looking to improve all of the items you mentioned in your review. The Wi-Fi has been completely re-done throughout the entire hotel and is now very reliable in all guestrooms and public areas. For the condition of the bedding and towels, we are ensuring that the appearance and quality of both are to be exceeding guests expectations and are making necessary changes as needed. I would like to thank you again for taking time to write this review so we are able to improve on these items since they are very important items to us. We invite to stay with us your next time in the area, so we can show you these changes have been made.

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I had never stayed at a hotel like the Comfort Cadillac Inn.

The Staff was very friendly.
The rooms were immaculate.
I don't think that I could have found a more comfortable bed to crash in after a long day at my cousins wedding.. The rooms were very well decorated.
The next morning I went down to the continental breakfast and the food was so delicious. I had my coffee and checked out very quickly. It is very conveinent.
All in all the stay was a hundred percent but if you are going in october be sure to prepare for snow.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and making all guests stays as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed February 12, 2008

We changed our plans at the last minute and booked our room directly with the hotel that morning. The price was within a buck of what I had seen online the week before so that was nice. When we arrived we noticed the little card on the bed stating that they had upgraded the beds and linens at Hampton Inns. I usually have a problem with hotel beds and pillows. They leave my back sore and my neck in need of my chiropractor. But this bed was great, I slept very well and my back and neck were fine. The bed linens were great as the down comforter kept you warm without causing you to overheat and sweat and it was light, didn't feel heavy on you. I must compliment Hampton Inns, this is a very good bed and wonderful linens.

Other than that all I can say is the room seemed to be clean and was fine. I wish they didn't hang pictures directly over the bed. You bang your head against the frames if you want to sit up in bed and watch TV.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gkrupa
Reviewed November 18, 2007

I received a very good rate as a walk-in on a business trip at about 11:00 p.m.. The front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and welcoming--they offered discounts like AAA and corporate rates.

The hotel itself is standard Hampton. Not the prettiest or newest Hampton I've stayed at but not the worst either. The room was clean. The bathroom was small but adequate. The best was comfortable.

The breakfast was also typical Hampton. The breakfast lady came around and offered boxes of breath mints.

Overall, I would rate this a typical Hampton but with a very good rate and better-than-average staff.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Gretchen D
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Enjoyed our stay. Clean, well appointed, small room. Very comfortable bed. Pillows too high for me. Breakfast nice. Staff pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2007

We have stayed here five times and it is always great. The room and grounds are immaculate; they have now added a convenient guest laundry. The beds are very comfortable; the air conditioner always is in working condition; and the TV has a large selection of channels.
They have a new breakfast room with a large food selection to choose from. Lucy, who is in charge of the breakfast area, always makes you feel at home. She keeps the breakfast room spotlessly clean.
This is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JocYer