“Hot water heater did not work, breakfast ran out continually.”

Hampton Inn Cadillac
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed July 8, 2013

First of all, I would like to say that I am a Hilton Honors member and try to stay at Hiltons because they are usually well appointed. This property seemed to be poorly run. The rooms were clean as was the entire property. However, when we awoke in the morning, the hot water was non-existent. I called the front desk and they said that it was ongoing issue and that they called the repairman. It was a full hotel and I got the last available room in the area. I would've thought that the hotel would've been sure to have this issue fixed long before the busiest weekend of the year.

The other issue concerned the breakfast, many of the breakfast items were continually empty. For instance, at one point, there wasn't any coffee available, but there were cups. When I went back, there was coffee but there wasn't any cups. The yogurt container, was present, but there wasn't any yogurt in it. So, it seemed that they needed more people working.

Everyone I encountered was friendly. But I think that there should have been more workers. The maintenance man that I encountered in the hallway, smiled and greeted me. However, he seemed to be bouncing back and forth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
JasonDay, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I’m very sorry that you had some maintenance issues during your stay. I’ve discussed your comments with our maintenance staff and we’ve already taken care of the issues you mentioned in your review; however, I can empathize with your disappointment and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went though.

Please be assured that your comments are extremely important to us. We are always learning your comments. I do hope you decide stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity of exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Felt Hampton touch was missing. A/C unit & fan was so noisy & unable to use it during the stay. Toilet flush didn't work properly. Intercom was dead. These are basic checks suppose to be done before offering room to any guest. I felt that there was a great deal of negligence and lethargic in the service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were not completely satisfied with your last visit. I was disappointed to read that there were some maintenance issues that inconvenienced you and that none of our managers were available to assist you with your requests. Our main priority is for all our guests to experience an exceptional level of service and I can assure you that I will take your suggestions into consideration to improve our properly. Our guest feedback is incredibly important as it provides us an opportunity to attend to areas that need our attention.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm a Gold member...formerly Diamond pre-recession, and am extremely brand loyal to the Hilton family of hotels. Without question this was the worst experience at a Hilton property that I can remember.
I reserved three rooms as we were visiting the area for a festival. Three of my adult children arrived two hours prior to my wife and I, yet the front desk attendant refused to give them their rooms, even though they were pre-paid with points. My kids told her this, but she was too lazy to look at all three of the reservations. When I got there she tried to tell me that one of the two rooms paid for with points also needed to be paid for, and I then had to show her my printed confirmation. She was totally incompetent.
Then it was time to hit the exercise room. There I found three treadmills, where none of them had working TVs. There was a large TV on the opposite wall of the 6 or 7 pieces of cardio equipment. Did I mention that only one of the two A/C units in the exercise room worked?
Okay, so now the workout is done...time for a nice hot shower, or so I thought. The water never got hotter than luke-warm, perhaps because we were on the 4th floor. I'm also glad that I didn't want to use any hair conditioner, because they forgot to provide that when the cleaned the room.

In summary - cosmetically the property looks fine. Operationally the property is extremely sub-par. The customer service is poor, and that clearly is a function of poor training and poor management. I got the feeling that the desk clerk was so used to complaints that she was inured to criticism.

Recommendations:
1. Fire the GM - the buck stops with him.
2. Fix the property or take it out of the Hilton family.
3. Retrain or replace the staff.
4. Refund my three rooms for two nights, including points.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY MY FELLOW TRAVELERS AND HILTON PROPERTIES FANS, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 1greenprof

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member we sincerely appreciate your business. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if you had any issues at our front desk with your reservation. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'm a loyal Hilton Honors member and try to stay with the brand, so I made my reservation for this location. Having read the reviews, I knew the history of the facility: originally a Hampton Inn, changed to a no-name hotel, now once again a Hampton Inn. Let's just say, it's not quite there yet. Hotel itself is clean and the pool was very nice (warm water, not freezing cold like most), but the doors to our room and the gym did not work properly and took several tries; in fact, we gave up at the gym ... green light came on but door would NOT open! Vending machines looked brand new but none had anything stocked. Oh, and there was NOT a business center (as advertised on the website)!!! The young girl at the desk was clueless -- did not know why they didn't have a business center and did not know if there were plans to ever have one! I suppose this is where I made my mistake -- I should have exercised my right to the Hampton's 100% satisfaction guaranteed, but I was tired and it was just one night. Oh, and in the morning I saw a lady taking her two dogs up the elevator to her room. I asked if this was allowed, as the website states no pets (except for service dogs), and she smiled and told me that pets WERE allowed. Also, I happened to use the washing machine/dryer -- $2 for each and no problems there. So, if you're looking for a clean hotel, this is the place. But if you're expecting the Hampton/Hilton standards, this isn't the place. I stayed at the Holiday Inn (next door) about a year ago and it was pretty good, so I guess I'd go with the cheaper of the two if I had to pass through town again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pokeymom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have seen some bad reviews of this hotel - seemingly due to renovation inconveniences. It is a new hotel and very nice. The competition in this class of hotels is Holiday Inn Express (which I have not stayed at) and is higher priced. Thought I'd try the Hampton Inn and it is a good place and a great value.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Saltydog22StLouis
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I called the hotel a couple days ahead of time thinking I was getting a Hampton Inn, per Google search. The front desk clerk said they were changing their name to Hampton Inn and there was slight construction. Didn't seem like a problem so I made a reservation. When arriving on-site there were 4 other guests in the entire hotel. I know, I should've turned around at this point but the Holiday Inn Express always claims they are booked even though there are only 10 cars in the lot at night. Anyway, the front lobby of the Hampton, er Cadillac Hotel was littered with new furniture in boxes, but I was assured the rooms were finished. I got my room keys and entered the hallway filled with paint cans, drywall mud, garbage, and cement floors (no carpet). I'll admit, the room was in great shape, like most new Hampton Inns, but the smell of liquid nails and carpet adhesive was unbearable. I left the hotel within 5 minutes. Don't go here until construction has been complete for at least a month. I am surprised they are allowed to tell people they are open. A safety/health inspector needs to make a visit here.

Room Tip: Unsafe for sleeping during construction.