Hampton Inn Cadillac
Evergreen Resort(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
$50
Caberfae Peaks Ski & Golf Resort(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
Cadillac Inn(Cadillac)
$70
$68
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmexican restaurantbusiness centerclose to downtowntraverse cityfitness centerroom was cleanbreakfast staffcolor tourvery nice hotelbreakfast was excellentwafflesparking lotthe breakfast areaoff the highwaywould definitely stay here againhot breakfastexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Enjoyed our stay. Clean, well appointed, small room. Very comfortable bed. Pillows too high for me. Breakfast nice. Staff pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2007

We have stayed here five times and it is always great. The room and grounds are immaculate; they have now added a convenient guest laundry. The beds are very comfortable; the air conditioner always is in working condition; and the TV has a large selection of channels.
They have a new breakfast room with a large food selection to choose from. Lucy, who is in charge of the breakfast area, always makes you feel at home. She keeps the breakfast room spotlessly clean.
This is a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank JocYer
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I was in town for business and stayed here. It was fantastic. They have the charm of a small town hotel (which they are) and the competence and class of any major metro area hotel.

Staff were highly knowledgeable about the area and ready with recommendations of places to eat, or be entertained.

Breakfast was great and I was assisted by a charming elderly woman who was ready at a moments notice to get me anything I might need.

Last but certainly not least the room was excellent, and in great condition. Wide selection of television channels, clean as a whistle, and everything in it's place. I remember initially I thought my coffeemaker was missing a part, but when I brought it down to the front desk the gracious attendant showed me how it worked in such a way that I didn't feel like a fool, and sent me on my way with extra coffees.

They were ceaselessly committed to my happiness, and humored my sometimes odd requests.

Pool on site. I would have liked a gym on site, but they gave me a pass to the local gym which wasn't far away.

If you find yourself in Cadillac for any reason this is where I would stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Seth K
Reviewed July 28, 2006

POSITIVES:

My pregnant wife and our 2 year old stayed @ this hotel, and reserved a King room with a recliner and desk. The grounds and room were clean and the room was very big as my daughter had a great time running unobstructed from end to end. The air conditioner was in perfect working order and the front desk and other staff were very friendly. The pool was nice, it ran from 3 feet deep to 5 feet deep and my daughter and I had a great time there too. The continential breakfast was off the charts with the following: Bisquits and gravy, bagels, toast, cereal, juices, cinnamon rolls, eggs, freshly cut fruit, and milk and coffee. The Detroit Free Press and The USA Today were also provided. A great place to stay, I could not ask for anything more in the above categories. A++++++

The Mexican Restuarant directly across from the hotel was GREAT!!

Negatives:

I only had a few MINOR negatives with our stay.....the TV was not compatable with my portable DVD player, therefore we had to watch it on the 9'' screen instead of patching it through the 25'' TV in the room. The elevator had no air it in and if you got caught stopping at another floor, you would get a little sweaty. Other than that we had a great experiance at this hotel!!

The City of Cadillac Negatives:

I should have done more research on the city, but I could find no information on the web...now I know why. I don't want to knock the town too much...it was a nice little town, but not a good place for OUR weekend vacation.

I thought that Cadillac was a poor man's Traverse City...a little shopping district with a nice beach to hang out @. The state park in Cadillac (Mitchell State Park) is nothing more than a huge campground. It is popular because it is in the middle of the Lake Caddillac and Lake Mitchell. Surprisingly, there is no beach @ the state park. It is more of a "bring your boat and have access to it" State Park, as there is a canal linking both lakes together. The recreation area directly across the street from the State Park is not very big and did not have alot to offer our needs (2yr old). So we went to the Kentwood County Park which had a huge playscape for the kids and a slightly larger beach than the state property. We ended up spending the day there. We were mildly disappointed with our vacation selection, but since we had a free nights stay @ the Hampton Inn through our HHonors points, we didn't complain too much. Lesson learned, we had a good time for the price.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank microbrew22
Reviewed July 2, 2003

We have stayed in this hotel four or five times while visiting relatives, and it is always a pleasure. Management is friendly and attentive. Once we were in the process of buying our house on the East Coast while staying there, and the manager and front desk worker spent hours helping my husband and me with faxes and phone messages. Another time, the maintenance guy gently chided me for going to the front desk to ask for something: "Just give us a call and we'll bring it up," he said. They provide lots of pool toys, which get a heavy workout from the kids who use the indoor pool. The lobby breakfast is very generous and varied compared with other hotels of this type.

6  Thank Melissa77797