“Rundown and needs a good cleaning.”
Review of Evergreen Resort

Evergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
detroit, michigan
“Rundown and needs a good cleaning.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Somehow I got stuck in a pet friendly room. When I opened the door I was knocked back by the smell of wet dog. I tried to change rooms but nothing else was available. The room was very dated. Carpet was ripped, the worst part was just how dirty everything in the room was. Not including the smell, there were stained towels, dead bugs, the air conditioner was filthy and smelled like mold. I included some photos Im not sure if they'll post them. I didn't see housekeeping until my third day when I said I needed towels and garbage bags even then I packed up the towels and garbage when they brought what I needed and cleaned up myself. Free breakfast was a plus and the pub in the clubhouse had descent food and good service. I just think they need to market this place more for what it is an outdated motel 8 on a nice golf course.

1 Thank mookieblaylock
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
I apologize for the issues that you seemed to have during your stay. I was unaware until I saw your review. I would appreciate it if you contacted me so I could get some clarification about your stay.

Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cadillac, Michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The decor and technology offerings are seriously outdated at this resort. Though we stayed here because our central air broke; this hotel is not at all as advertised. Perhaps they have put their attention to updates other than the guest rooms. However, one would think they at least have a current phone book....not!

2 Thank Travelqueen1968
, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I'm sorry that you feel the stay was "not as advertised'. We do our best to fulfill the needs of every guest. We do appreciate the feedback. It allows us to learn things about ourselves and/or catch things we may have overlooked.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great service, beautiful views and great bargain! Rooms are spacious although just a bit shabby. We had a great experience and would definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm glad that your stay was enjoyable. Please think of us again the next time you are in the area.

Wayne, Michigan
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I come to McGuire's every other year for a long weekend of golf for about the past 10 years. Our group has about 25 on average. Nobody has had a bad time yet,that I have heard of. The price is great. The food is very good. The package has 2 breakfast, 1 dinner and 3 rounds of golf at 3 diierent golf courses! Have used, and liked both the pool and hot tub many times. Curley's is a good place to have a drink and a bite to eat. I look forward to the trip at McGuire's

Room Tip: Have not had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I'm glad that you have a good time when you are here. Hopefully your golf was as good as your stay. We love having groups like yours that return year after year. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to taking care of you (and your group) again, the next time you are here.

Cadillac, MI
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I recomend McGuires Resort to all coming to the Cadillac area. The rooms are clean and comfortable, Nice pool for the kids, very nice bar and restaurant on site along with 27 holes of golf!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the amenities at the Resort. I hope you get the chance to enjoy the rest of your summer. Please think of us again the next time you are in Cadillac.

Bill Shepardson
Michigan
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Cadillac is divided into sections due to the large lake in town, you have the NW side with the State Park and a few motels, then the SE side with town, 2 chain hotels and McGuires.
McGuires is dated but clean, it does have some good views of the golf course and overlooking town, but it also has views of the parking lot so put in your request! There is a brochure in the room that says Breakfast for hotel guests is complimentary, for all others a $9.00 charge so I was expecting a really good breakfast. That wasn't the case. The dining area is pleasant and dinner prices are $$+.
Clean, comfy room,, old style tv, fast internet from the 3rd floor, overlooking the 18th tee box and dining area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barblikestotravel
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank your for your feedback. We value any and all feedback that we receive. As you stated, it is always important to make the reservationist aware of any specific requests. We do our best to accommodate all guests, to make sure their stay is pleasant. I'm glad that you seemed to find your stay enjoyable. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in the area.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel is broken up into 3 or 4 separate buildings. The hotel lobby & restaurant in one building, the pool in another, and our reserved rooms in another. It wasn't a great set up for a large group. The winter weather made it unpleasant to walk from the pool or to the restaurants. They allowed us use of a "hospitality" room so the team and families to party in, but the capacity was for only 20 people - we had about 55 people. The pool area had a room that was not reservable, but we managed to squeeze into it with another group. Other than group inconveniences, the rooms were clean, very comfortable beds and the views were nice. The breakfast buffet was better than just a continental, but coffee was weak. Restaurant food was very good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We appreciate your honesty and sincerity. I'm glad that you found the majority of your stay to be enjoyable.
I understand your concern with the facility having multiple buildings, but with large groups, it is hard to get everybody into one building since we have such a variety of room types.
But once again, we do appreciate feedback. It allows us to try to make the proper adjustments to fulfill the needs of as many guests as possible.

Thanks,