Evergreen Resort
  • Free Internet
Hermann's Hotel(Cadillac)
Econo Lodge(Cadillac)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursegolf trippro shopbreakfast buffetterrace roomnice golfthe wait staffrenovated roomround of golfin great shapeplay golfmain buildingpet friendly roomhot tubgreat place to stayhockey tournamentyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have had difficulty finding a good hotel in Cadillac in the past, however we were very impressed with McGuire's Resort. Although some of the decor is a bit dated, the room and the hotel in general looked very clean and spotless. The rooms are comfortable and many have good views of the golf course and the city of Cadillac. The best part of our stay was the breakfast buffet which was included with the room. Both days they had scrambled eggs and hash browns, and the meat offering changes daily. The two days we were there they had sausage patties one day, and sausage links the other. I understand they have bacon sometimes too. They also had yogurt, two kinds of cereal, instant oatmeal, several types of breads and several pastries, fresh grapefruit, apples, oranges, and bananas. Everything was very good. They also have two restaurants on site and a great Sunday brunch buffet containing both breakfast and lunch items. This is NOT included with your stay, but at $11 per person is worth every penny. This is not your usual warmed over buffet- it is very high class. They had freshly sliced roast beef that tasted like prime rib, stuffed pork chops, a seafood medley pasta, turkey and dumplings, fettucine alfredo, along with what my neice called, "the best pancakes I've ever had" and breakfast burritos. I was especially impressed that they didn't reheat any of the leftovers they had from the breakfast for lunch. Their is also an extensive salad bar, a soup of the day, a cheese and cracker table with very tasty cheese, and an excellent dessert table. While the buffet doesn't have as many choices as other buffets the overall quality is much better. Another nice feature of both the breakfast and the buffet is that almost all the tables look out over the golf course, and because the resort is one a hill it all overlooks the city of Cadillac. We will definitely be returning to McGuire's resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tonyrosado
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Wow! Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad that your stay was enjoyable. We do our best to put out a quality product throughout all aspects of the Resort, and we don't always hear about it. So, thank you again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was only at the resort for two nights and three days on business. I was able to use the pool and jacuzzi. I enjoyed both. I was in the remodeled section of the resort and I thought the room met my needs. Since I have a refined palette, I really didn't care for the breakfast buffet provided in the morning. I'm sure many other people would enjoy it, but I'm a picky eater. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank marjoryamber
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We like to know when we do well and where we may need to improve. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable. Please consider us again in the future when you are in the area again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Rooms are average, but clean and adequate. Indoor pool is nice, but hot tub gets bcrowded on weekends due to snowmobiliers and skiiers. Not far from Caberfae Ski Resort and generally offer ski packages. Great place to use as home base for snowmobiling. Staff is couteous and helpful. Excellent food and sports bar.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
bshepa01, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. I hope you got to take advantage of all the things you wanted to while you were here. I'm also glad to hear that staff took care of you during your stay. We appreciate any and all information that allows us to improve what we do. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stayed here while we visited family. I thought we were staying in the updated part as we were in the main building but the room did not seem updated. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. The food was good and the breakfast area has a stunning view of the grounds. Except for our room, I loved the aesthetics of the place. Our room was clean, the staff was very polite. I deeply appreciated that this was not a chain motel and had character and charm. The pool area with the nearby shuffleboard court is reminiscent of an era gone by. We loved it. If the bed had not been rock hard we would stay here again. We were not very rested during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HoppyGirl72
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We've stayed here twice within the past 2 months and our experience has been consistent. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating, the rooms are large and very clean, the bed is comfortable and the bathroom is huge! I wish I could find a McGuire's resort in every travel destination!

Room Tip: I asked the front staff for a larger room upon check in and they had no problem accommodating my request without charging me an additional fee! Now that's service!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo