“CLEAN and AFFORDABLE” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
West Lafayette, Indiana
“CLEAN and AFFORDABLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

VERY CLEAN!! AFFORDABLE AND PLEASANT. Nice pool and hot tub. The interior may need a little updating but not bad. We would diffinately stay here again and I would recommend this to my friends and relatives. Beautiful lakes close by and nice location.

Room Tip: Nice breakfast in the morning. Entire experience was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SACALLAHAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aurora, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Prices are high for motel rooms in Michigan in August. Day's Inn was very reasonable compared to many. We stayed for 2 nights and were very happy--our large double room was clean and quiet, even though the hotel was mostly full. The indoor pool is large, clean and well lit. The breakfast room is small but that did not pose a problem--the attendant kept everything full and the area clean. Breakfast was typical-same type items that we eat at home. Parking was plentiful and the hotel set back from the road so it was quiet. Restaurant and other activities in walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed four nights, May 17 - 20 2012, and had a very pleasurable experience. I traveled with other family members to visit extended family in Manton. The location of the motel to the southwest of Cadillac's downtown district (5-7 minutes away) still made for an easy drive to Manton (25 minutes away).

Although our late flight into Traverse City meant we didn't arrive to check in until after 11:00PM, both people working at the front desk were very friendly and quickly checked us into our rooms.

The room itself was spacious, nicely furnished, and, most importantly, kept very clean.
The in-room microwave and refrigerator were very convenient. Also, the complimentary popcorn and refrigerated bottle of water were nice touches. And, I was able to access free WIFI from my second floor room; the strongest access is in the lobby where they also have a community desk with a computer providing free Internet access and a printer - very helpful for planning your stay in the area.

The beds are medium firm. I found them to be very comfortable and slept soundly. The pillows were at first a bit of an oddity to me. They are half the size of a normal pillow and firm; perfect for side sleepers like myself. Five or size were provided on the bed. After my first night of sleeping very comfortably on a single mini-pillow I was hooked; I didn't roll off the pillow like I thought I might.

The shower included a curved shower curtain rod to give you extra elbow room, which was nice. There was always enough hot water and very good water pressure. The tub was outfitted with whirlpool jets; I did not have an opportunity to try this out but other family members did and said they worked great. The bath towels are a bit small and scratchy; this is one area that you see the budget aspect of your stay. However, none of my towels were stained or had any holes. I considered this a small inconvenience in the balance of things.

This motel also has an indoor pool and spa. I did not have an opportunity to enjoy either, though the area appeared nicely kept, and I noticed others enjoying both. Also, they provide extended pool hours from 8:00AM - 11:00PM to give guests great access to enjoy the amenity.

Each morning a free breakfast is provided. The simple spread offered a fair amount of variety. Biscuits and gravy, assorted pastries and mini muffins, bagels, instant oatmeal, two cereals, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, orange juice and milk were available every day. Also, the staff came in regularly to replenish and clean up.

I found the staff to be accessible, friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

Overall, I was extremely pleased with my stay. The motel staff and management clearly believe in the importance of keeping the economical accommodations they provide as clean and comfortable as possible. In fact, they have a cabinet in the lobby brimming with awards that testify to that commitment to their guests. I applaud that sense of pride and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SteffJeff
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

So I didn't have a reservation for anywhere and needed to stay the night in cadillac after a full day of outdooring. I was looking to not spend much money so I wasn't looking for fancy. To me a Holiday Inn express and Days Inn are on the same scale, so why pay double for the HI. I went in armed with my info from KAYAK that the room was $89-$99 depending where I booked. The desk agent asked if I had a reservation and I said no. She said I was in luck, last room available, double beds and $79! Boss just wants to see sell outs. What a deal, it was only 7 pm, plenty of time to stick it to me and hope to sell out later at a discount if no one snagged for a premium $$. Anyway, the lady at check in was great, I wanted somewhere to eat and they had a nice restaurant across the way, but she was smart enough to say they don't have a liquor license, so I asked for the Beer and Burger joint and she recommended Timbers, 1.5 miles down (Awesome spot). I must have had the last sell room, it was right off the lobby, sharing a wall with the microwave and juicer in the breakfast room and across the hall from the Pool door. I sleep so sound, i didn't care, I loved it, i didn't have to drag luggage. The room was clean. Sure it had comforters and the fleece spongy blanket, but what cheap hotel doesn't :). It had soaps that washed me and towels that dried me. All clean, not 5 star hotel soft and thick, but also it's a $79 room. I was actually surprised at how clean and well maintained the room was, this area people would probably be bringing in all kinds of dirty stuff from outdooring. The breakfast was good enough. THe bagels were stale, but how can you complain about free oatmeal, OJ, Coffee, Cereal. They had some biscuits and gravy, but I didn't try that. I didn't go in the pool area or anything. It had a CRT TV, but it had clear picture and sounds and plenty of cool stations. It was not a hangout room for me, it was a sleep room for me. I would stay there again. I sleep real sound, so the microwave beeping didn't bother me, but when I woke up, I could hear it, as I could the pool doors and lobby people.

Room Tip: If you sleep light, don't get a ground floor room. If you sleep sound and have a ton of luggage...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank 99p38a
Portage, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good location on south side of Cadillac. This is a clean and convenient property, with friendly service. Some areas that could really be improved are the rock hard beds with cheap linens, drab breakfast (although it is free), and old, blurry TVs. I used to stay at the Comfort Inn, however they lost their affiliation with Choice, and are now called "The Cadillac Inn". So, I tried this place for the Wyndam points. I may try the Econolodge down the street(Choice points), because I can't bring myself to shelling out $119 for the Holiday Inn Express in Cadillac,, nothing against this fine city, but thats too much to stay here, off season, in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at here for two nights as part of a large group visiting Northern MI for some winter activities (snow shoeing, snow mobiles, dog sledding). We checked in extremely late but the late night desk clerk saw that we were exhausted and processed our check in quickly. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. I've always found rooms with the sink located outside the bathroom a little weird, but I guess when you have several people sharing a room, it makes it a little easier to get ready in the morning. Breakfast was actually quite good and included hard boiled eggs, pastries, muffins, biscuits/sausage gravy, cereals and juices. After a busy day outdoors in the snow, we decided to all head down to the indoor pool/hot tub area to relax a bit before going out to dinner that night. I really don't know how the describe the sound of forty 9 year-olds screaming and playing in an enclosed space, but lets just say deafening would be putting it mildly. The three adult chaperon's didn't really have much control over the unruly mob, but I don't think 20 more adults could have calmed that bunch down. It turns out the Days Inn is quite popular with the childrens sporting league group community including the hockey tournament that was in town when we were there. I really would have enjoyed a nice long soak in the hot tub, but I'm quite sure I would have killed a kid or two if I stayed in that room longer than 5 minutes. The next morning we all wanted to sleep in, but it's a bit difficult when there are kids running up and down the hallways or banging their hockey sticks on the interior hallway walls. Again, none of this was the fault of the Days Inn, but maybe some additional guidance needs to be given to parents of large groups upon check in to keep their kids in-check. I would stay here again, but would definitely check out other properties first (or inquire if there was a children's sporting league in the same hotel during my time there).

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the pool!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank VivaPamplona
Hubbard Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

We have always had an excellent stay at this property. The staff is very friendly and help when needed. The staff has recomended many fine restaurants in the area. We recomend them to our friends.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadillac
Hampton Inn Cadillac
Best Bear Lodge & Campground
Evergreen Resort
Evergreen Resort
#1 of 14 in Cadillac

Been to Days Inn Cadillac? Share your experiences!