WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Zeeland, Michigan
“Clean & reasonable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I'm sure in it's glory this was a beautiful place. It's in dire need of updating. But, it's clean, reasonably priced and the front desk staff was awesome!!! The restaurant was closed Sun & Monday so I did not eat there. They serve a continental breakfast that had muffins & biscuits and gravy that was good flavored.

I was told they have a rockin nightclub on the weekend!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms open to the pool or have an outside door.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

For well over a year the Sands has been my 2nd home. Working an out-of-town job, I'm here often. The staff are very friendly,considerate & helpful. The very few criticisms or complaints I've voiced have been seriously listened to and cheerfully remedied. Over the years I've stayed in fancier (more expensive) places and have been MUCH LESS impressed.
Thank you Jack, Vicki, Lynn, Summer and all the rest of you who make me look forward to coming into town rather than dreading it. Hip Hip Hooray !!!

Room Tip: water side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
leroy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Ordered dinner in the Clipper Room restaurant. We continued to try and give the place chance after chance, but no more. The meal was expensive and lousy: ribs tough & tasted old like they had been in the freezer beyond any expiration date; salads consisted of a heap of iceberg lettuce, 1 thin tomato slice & 1 ring of red onion. The dressing was cheap, bottled stuff. The chicken alfredo tasted only of flour, the chicken consisted of a few 1/4 to 1/2 bits of processed chicken. Rolls were cold & stale. Price for meal: $43.00. The resort itselt needs major repair! The front door is cracked, not closing tight; paint is peeling, furniture beat up & old, carpeting stained, wall paper peeling, holes in bathroom door. The entire place appears dingy & dirty. Don't waste your money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rychrlim

Travelers are raving about these Cadillac hotels

Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My husband and I chose this facility from their website for our 4 year anniversary trip. Labor Day Weekend. NEVER GO AGAIN AND NEVER RECOMMEND. It is nothing like their website makes it out to be. They need to upgrade minor things such as paint, fix up pool area, advertise restaurant, fix rooms to be current not outdated. They have very small beach, not as advertised. The balcony needs cleaned and spiders/webs removed daily. Also we marked our bedding and they DID NOT change it once while we were there for 4 days so you wonder, do they ever?! YUCK! We were so disappointed. Nice restaurants near by definitely go to Lakeside Charlies. We never saw anyone in the restaurant or hotel bar. They are no where near what they should call themselves a resort!! I could go on but this is limited to 200 characters. DON'T GO!!!!
If you bring your own alcohol they make you sit in grassy area. I can see not next to tiki bar(which is actually a shed) but at other end, NOPE! Lots of areas are chipping. Just horrible place altogether!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1buckeye4
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

To start off, I love this place. The staff is so friendly & the place is amazing. My family has been staying here at the facility for over 30 years. & we've only ever had a few problems. I love the poolside rooms there amazing. I love to just wake up smell the pool & step out & go swimming. The lake & there options out there are great we always to rentals. & pay volleyball. I hope everyone gets a chance to stay here!!! So its not 4 star but to me & my family it is!!!! (:

Room Tip: Go poolside or lakeside!!! There the best!!! (:
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Cadillac Sands Resort could be appreciated for being a low-budget, great-locale kind of establishment you might find “up north” in Michigan but because they claim to be something they are not, I cannot give this place a good rating. If you visit their website, you’d think this is a very nice budget resort but it is NOTHING like the website. It’s a rundown facility that might have been a nice resort back in the Hoover administration! The rooms are musty and old. The pool area is in need of a major facelift and could use a cleaning – not just the pool itself but the rafters, lights, etc. which could be dusted once this century! Some rooms face the indoor pool area which probably seemed like a good idea at the time but the reality is that the area is musty, stuffy and gives no privacy at all. Most rooms have two doors though so there is an entrance that faces to the outside. The bathroom doors in the rooms all stick because of the poor ventilation in the pool area – we had someone in our party get stuck and have to bang on the door for someone to come let them out. The lake is nice and the property has a larger lot area so there is a beach and also a dock to tie up boats. We were there in August so looking for some summer fun – we enjoyed the lake and the large outdoor area including the volleyball net and lawn area. If you own a boat you can launch it nearby and use their dock. I understand they have a strong snowmobile season as well. However, overall this place is not at all as advertised. If they would simply describe the actual conditions of the resort (and charge a lower rate since the rate we paid was way too high for such a room/facility) then I could give this place a higher rating. Not every place can be The Four Seasons….I realize and I’m not a snob…but the Cadillac Sands was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank klgbliss
Clarkston, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

On-line description of facilities was awesome. However, upon checking in, we were extremely disappointed. Our room, which was on the lake, was very old, outdated and the smell of air freshener was so strong, it was unbearable. What were they trying to cover up?? The bathroom was old and shower/bathtub was disguisting. Our phone did not work and when we told the manager, he said they system needed to be rebooted. After rebooting, phone still did not work. We were afraid of catching something (healthwise) if we stayed, so we asked for our money back. We were immedately given our money back. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family