“Better than in the past”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Charlie's

Lakeside Charlie's
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cadillac, Michigan
“Better than in the past”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I don't usually write multiple reviews of the same restaurant, but several recent visits to Lakeside Charlie's -- one for dinner, one for lunch -- prompt me to reconsider negative reviews in the past. Our dinner experience was much better than earlier ones. Our party of 5 tried the filet, the prime rib, walleye, and spinach salad with chicken, and all of the entrees were very good. To top it off, the service was excellent (thank you, Maggie). And a recent business lunch was also very good (burger with chips). I don't know whether it's better quality food, a different chef, or some other explanation, but these meals were a real improvement over the past. My only (continuing) gripe is that the menu hasn't changed in years.

• Visited December 2013

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Cozy and Warm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I were in Cadillac for a hockey tourney. Parents of the team met up at Lakeside Charlie's for a long lunch while we watched the UM vs. OSU game. The food was very good and our waiter was attentive and offered great suggestions. We enjoyed their chili, pulled pork sandwich and a brownie with ice cream for dessert. The only downside was that if you are sitting in the bar (warm and cozy) you aren't able to enjoy the view of the lake.

• Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Loved the View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Lakeside Charlie's is right on Lake Mitchell. Our table was over looking the lake. It faced west so the sunset was just unbelievable.
The food was great. I had Prime Rib and I ate it all!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. One of my best places to eat in Cadillac.

Visited August 2013
Dexter, Michigan, USA
“Re - 'treat' by the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Lakeside Charlie's is situated right by the... well it is on the side of a lake.

It sits on the east side of Lake Mitchell. This allows for some fabulous sunset views over the lake to the west. Especially if you are on their outdoor patio when the the weather is warm enough.

Great service, good food, family owned, family friendly, interesting bar with TV's to watch the game, great beer selection, great specials.

Be sure to try both the Homemade Clam Chowder and the Firehouse Chili

You might drive by it if your are not looking for it, but you don't want to miss a chance to check out Charlie's

Visited November 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“One of (if not THE) best in Cadillac...at fair prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Lakeside Charlie's has really good food and the prices while not cheap ... are not expensive.

I don't give many "5"s and really would have this at a 4.5 if I could...but I can't so I will round it up.

I have had several things on their menu and liked or loved them all. The nightly specials are usually worthy of strong consideration.

Soups are real good. I have had French Onion and Chowder both real good.

I often get their Filet or Prime Rib and the cost is mid-$20s Not cheap, not crazy high and they are good. But ALWAYS check out the specials.

L.C's is one of two places I go if I want a Steak in the Cadillac area the other being The Timbers down the road. But Lakeside Charlie's is a little nicer and quieter while still being a casual restaurant. But if you WANT to get dressed up for dinner you will not be out of place.

And of course....it is next to Lake Mitchell as the name implies. It is kind of tucked away so if it looks like you are pulling into a Motel or Car Wash from the main road...keep going...your on the right track!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TERMINATOR1959

Been to Lakeside Charlie's? Share your experiences!