“A nice restaurant for Cadillac diners”
Review of Lakeside Charlie's

Lakeside Charlie's
Ranked #12 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Thompsonville, Michigan
“A nice restaurant for Cadillac diners”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We chose to go to Lakeside Charlie’s as we were looking for a nice sit-down dinner that was more than bar food. This can be kind of hard to find in the Cadillac area, but Lakeside Charlie’s did NOT disappoint.

It was Girls Night Out and the three of us arrived fairly early for dinner on a Saturday night (5:15 PM). We were asked if we wanted the bar, dining room, or deck. As it was just starting to spit rain, we opted for the dining room. Those who opted to sit on the deck hustled inside about 10 minutes after we were seated. Our beverage order was taken and the specials were explained. Our waitress figured out we weren’t in a hurry and worked well with our leisurely pace. She also didn’t bat an eye when we wanted the checks separate.

All of our dinners came with salad and tiny tasty rolls. They gave us five for our table of three – a little thing that drives me nuts. Dressings were homemade and I opted for the Creamy Garlic. They didn’t over dress the salad which was nice and it was full of flavor without feeling like you could ward of vampires afterwards. Entrees arrived in a comfortable amount of time. I had the walleye with a mushroom sauce and a wonderful hash on the side. I wanted the fillet to be just a bit bigger, but I was full upon completing it. My tablemates got the scallops and the Mediterranean balsamic Chicken. I tried a bite of each. I was going to get the scallops, but I am glad I didn’t as they weren’t what I was expecting. They were smaller in size, but you got a nice portion. They were advertised as sea scallops but were just a bit larger than the size of bay scallops. They were nicely fried, but had a sticky orange flavor to them which I didn’t particularly care for. The chicken wasn’t a beautiful dish due to the dark balsamic vinegar, but it did have a nice assortment of vegetables and chicken strips. I opted to get what they called a Chambord Soufflé – it was NOT a Soufflé. It was more like a frozen custard. It was yummy, but I wasn’t expecting a frozen dessert. The whipped cream on it was wonderful too.

The dining room was filled with all sorts of different group – families, couples, large parties, etc. No one was dressed like they had just come from the beach which was nice. It was a lively room, but not to the point of being distracting. The service was efficient and friendly. I’d say it is a step above your chain sit-down restaurants like Cadillac’s Ruby Tuesday’s but around the same price point with the nightly specials being a bit more.

• Visited June 2012

Cadillac, MI
“Always friendly service and Nicest deck to enjoy a good meal with a Lake View”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Charlies' staff and owners are always friendly and focused on service. The food ranges from Steak, Salmon and shrimp to solid bar fair Hamburgers and sandwhiches. It is the nicest spot in Cadillac to eat on a deck with a beautiful view of Lake Mitchell. Also very family friendly.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank sking81
Kentwood, Michigan
“Watermelon Cheesecake!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Watermelon Cheesecake is delicious! They offer a very affordable brunch spread, and a bit over priced for dinners from $14-$22 per plate stuffed chicken breast to steaks to a few seafood choices. Menu is small and straightforward. Pretty unique circular building with a view of Lake Mitchell.

Visited July 2011
Harrison, Michigan
“Nice”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This restaurant had good service, but the food was just average.

leroy
“Erratic Dining Experiences”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Arrived around 2:10 p.m. on a Sunday. Ordered a chef salad w/blue cheese dressing. LSC did, at one time, serve the best homemade salad dressings. The blue cheese salad dressing I received today was watered down & tasteless. Lacked flavor, no taste, although the dressing did contain miniscule "dots" of blue cheese. The salad itself consisted of 1/2 X 2 inch chunks of cheddar cheese & ham - not julienne as advertised. Definitely needed a knife to cut! Perhaps the turkey meat was julienned, I couldn't find any slice of turkey. A taste of mushroom, egg, 3 grape tomatoes, lots of white onion, swiss cheese? I don't know. Didn't see or taste swiss cheese. Arugula lettuce. No iceberg. $6.95. Hubbie ordered his usual chicken morel. Requested extra morel sauce. MAYBE received 2 tablespoons extra - cost - $.95. A few months ago - 1/4 cup - $1.00. Chicken morel: $8.95. Rolls are to be included for all entree meals - however - ASK -otherwise you will not receive. At least was not charged for rolls. Waitstaff: as usual inattentive. Why do we continue to provide LSC a 2nd chance? I don't know. Some of their food is good I guess, but as the years go by, the quality of food & waitstaff deteriorates. IMO - skip LSC if you are visiting the area,.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank rychrlim

Been to Lakeside Charlie's? Share your experiences!