“Nice little bar restaurant”
Review of Maggie's Tavern

Maggie's Tavern
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Staff is very friendly. Food is good and they are fast serving it to you.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Ordered burgers. They were out of the buffalo meat. Overpriced for what was basically a 5 oz hamburger patty, 1 pickle, 1 ring of onion, mustard & ketchup, basic bun: $7.00. Maybe we caught them on an off day?

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stopped here to eat on our way up north. Food was great! When they seat you, they bring out fresh popcorn to munch on as you decide what you want to eat. Will def be back.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

My husband and I ate at Maggie's and he had a delicious burger with a fried egg on it! He raved about it. I also had a burger and thought it was delicious!

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I'm embarrassed to admit that I was even at this wretched establishment in Cadillac, but I was hungry and Maggie's seemed, from the road, the least uninviting of Cadillac's restaurants.

I ordered a hamburger, which I rarely do, but somehow I thought that an unpretentious diner might excel in burgers. Wrong.

Upon arrival, the burger was fried (not grilled), greasy, served on a flaccid bun, and accompanied by taco chips. I took two bites: the first one telegraphed that this was a horrid excuse for a burger and the second bite was sheer desperation. I was hungry, after all, and hoped that I could actually eat the whole thing because I needed sustenance. But it was really awful - like eating a fried slab of burger-colored motor oil mixed with wet cement to give it body.

I told the waitress that I couldn't finish it due to its being of poor quality, and she shrugged her shoulders and brought me the bill - $8.50. Eight dollars and fifty cents!!!!

You're in Cadillac and want a fine meal? Get back on the freeway.