“Food & Fun @ Maggie's”

Maggie's Tavern
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Food & Fun @ Maggie's”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

My husband and I ate at Maggie's and he had a delicious burger with a fried egg on it! He raved about it. I also had a burger and thought it was delicious!

United States
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I'm embarrassed to admit that I was even at this wretched establishment in Cadillac, but I was hungry and Maggie's seemed, from the road, the least uninviting of Cadillac's restaurants.

I ordered a hamburger, which I rarely do, but somehow I thought that an unpretentious diner might excel in burgers. Wrong.

Upon arrival, the burger was fried (not grilled), greasy, served on a flaccid bun, and accompanied by taco chips. I took two bites: the first one telegraphed that this was a horrid excuse for a burger and the second bite was sheer desperation. I was hungry, after all, and hoped that I could actually eat the whole thing because I needed sustenance. But it was really awful - like eating a fried slab of burger-colored motor oil mixed with wet cement to give it body.

I told the waitress that I couldn't finish it due to its being of poor quality, and she shrugged her shoulders and brought me the bill - $8.50. Eight dollars and fifty cents!!!!

You're in Cadillac and want a fine meal? Get back on the freeway.

• Visited April 2011
Michigan
“Great bar food, family friendly”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

After reading several scary reviews for the restaurants in Cadillac, we ended up at Maggie's based on the recommendation of the hotel concierge. Spouse had a salad and said it was one of the best salads ever. Me and the kid split a burger which was very tasty and the fries were yummy. Topped off dinner with ice cream cones and ice cream drinks. The waitstaff was awesome. Definitely kid friendly with a tavern atmosphere. Wish we had more room to try the wet burrito! I would definitely go back to Maggie's.

• Visited January 2011
Midland, GA
“Great fish sandwich”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Good place for lunch & beer. They also have an excellent burrito. Decor is interesting with lots of wood. Friendly people.

traverse city Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“i love it”
Reviewed November 12, 2005

i love the tavern, it always has great food and great spirits and the service is good too. It may not be the biggest resturant in town but personally I think it has the biggest spirits:)my aunt owns the place and my family goes there sometimes and whenever we do i dont want to leave :)

1 Thank tater_tot_racer767