“Average shouldn't deter you!”

The Pines Sports Bar & Bowling Center
Ranked #48 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Description: They do have a facebook page.
Description: They do have a facebook page.
Thompsonville, Michigan
“Average shouldn't deter you!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My brother-in-law stopped by this bar on the way home from work one day and discovered a nice hidden gem. So he invited us out for dinner on a Friday to check it out as well.

It has recently been renovated from what my brother-in-law said. The outside of the place isn’t much, but the inside is very spacious with tons of TVs showing your favorite sporting events. There are really big TVs, big TVs, and large TVs. Some had trivia to play as well. There were high-top tables, low tables, and booths. Lots of room for large groups. With softball fields behind the place and an attached bowling alley, I imagine it gets pretty busy on league nights.

We joined my brother-in-law and his family of four. The waitress visited us quickly to take our drink orders. Sodas for the kids were $2 with free refills, my margarita was $5, and the beer was quite reasonable with $5 pitchers. I wouldn’t order the margarita again as it wasn’t all that large and it wasn’t mixed all that well.

Upon delivering the drinks, the waitress took our food order. She did let us know the special for the night was a large two-item pizza for $10. My kids split a small BLT pizza ($10.99). I got a Patty Melt ($3.99), and my hubby got a burger ($3.99) with a side of fries ($2.75). I just stuck with the chips. Burgers can be ordered as a single patty, double or triple each for a dollar more than the base $3.99.

My kids felt it took a while to get the food, I thought it was a reasonable amount of time based on the crowd. My patty melt was good. Nothing special, just a good patty melt. Hubby’s burger was good as well. As it was their ‘specialty’ burger, he felt it would be more special. He thinks it had BBQ sauce on it. Kids pizza was good. I really liked the crust as it was chewy. My little nephew loved the free popcorn.

The menu offered the typical bar type appetizers (Poppers, Mushrooms, Cauliflower, etc.) They had pizzas, burgers, and sandwiches.

Since the initial visit I’ve gone back several times for their monthly dueling piano show which is fantastically entertaining with Billy Mac and his partner for the night.
As a family dining establishment, we would go back for an easy, inexpensive dinner out. It isn’t anything ‘special’ but it was certainly decent and at a good price point.

• Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food, poor service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times. It's a great place to catch a game and they have a great pizza special on Thursdays, but the service can be pretty poor at times. The food is good, not great, and they have a decent beer selection for the Cadillac area. A nice place to eat, but the service often is lackluster.

Marne, Michigan
“Cleaned up sports bar”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Food was good, server not. Julie must have had a bad day. She couldn't find her smile until she recognized one member of our party who visits occassionally and tips well. She was all smiles for him. Large pizza ordered was delivered with incorrect toppings and she said it was our mistake. She finally offered replacement, but after waiting nearly a 1/2 hour for the first pizzas, we opted not to reorder. If you go for the food, you will be happy...if you expect good service, forget it.

Visited November 2012
Cadillac, MI
“Remodelled and Spectacular”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Pines now offers a the great atmosphere of a phenominal sports bar, great Pizza and an outside deck.

Visited June 2012