“Pretty Good for Michigan skiing!”
Review of Caberfae Peaks

Caberfae Peaks
More attraction details
Owner description: Skiers and snowboarders will enjoy the big hills and great snow conditions at Caberfae Peaks. Offering 6 lifts and 34 slopes, Caberfae Peaks was voted the #1 ski value in Michigan. In the summer months, Caberfae offers a beautiful venue for wedding receptions and other banquets, along with a 9 hole golf course.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went for an overnight at Caberfae to get our children ready for a trip to Colorado. The resort took a lot of time to make a good base of snow, and then the actual snow came along, and made for a good 2 days of skiing!

We stayed overnight on-site, which I don't really recommend. It was clean, but very old, and worn out.

The tow rope slope was pretty short and small, making it hard for little ones to get any rhythm going before starting over. Lines for the lifts were pretty short for midweek, I never had to wait! Way less crowded than I thought it would be.

the Lodge was pretty nice for warming up and hanging out. They allow you to bring in your own coolers, crockpots, etc. The cafeteria was ok, pricey as they all are.

1  Thank Born-in-Detroit
Pete M, Manager at Caberfae Peaks, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for skiing with us. Thank you for noticing our snow base as we have invested very heavily in our snowmaking system over the last several years, and as a result, consistently have great snow on our slopes.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Caberfae isn't the place to take a your significant other for a romantic evening, but the ski runs are great. The place is a little dated, and there is no such thing as high speed lifts, but with one of the largest vertical drops in Michigan, the skiing is great. Growing up my family skied at Nub's Nob and Boyne a lot and I have nothing bad to say about it. Now that I am paying for it myself the choice is obvious. You can get a weekend season pass at Caberfae for a little more than one Holiday ticket at a resort like Nub's or Boyne. Also their food options although limited are very decent priced as far as ski places go. They also have a small bar that serves drinks as well as sandwiches. Check their website for ticket deals as well. If you have weekdays open you can sometimes get tickets for under $10. They do have lodging, and it is mediocre at best. I have stayed there but only for the convenience factor. It probably hasn't been updated since 1980. The last time I stayed on this property was 2011, but I doubt it has changes because the time before that was in 2001 and it hadn't changed a bit.

Thank you for your comments. Our season pass prices are the best in the state! A Weekend Pass (every Saturday & Sunday) is only $99 for the entire season, if purchased before October 31st. We've been working on our lodge and it has definitely improved. We have more renovations planned in the future. Thanks!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I always buy a yearly pass to this ski lodge. It is close to my home and I think that it is the best priced deal in skiing "Up North". You have a good selection of runs that will match or exceed your abilities. The younger group has their runs and can ride up with their parents and still split off for the safer runs if necessary. Great staff and facilities. Lodge and fireplace was warm and friendly.

1  Thank donaldstauffer

Thank you for choosing Caberfae Peaks!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Went a weekend at Caberfae with friends and really enjoyed it. The lodge was pretty average, but hospitable. Got in a lot of skiing and enjoyed a pub/bar on the grounds one evening. Would go again for sure!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had a wonderful time with our friends. Boys loved the outdoor pool. Variety of skill levels on the hills. Staff kept the lines moving which made for more runs per hour!!! Had the breakfast buffet, good. Hamburgers at the cafe and pizza: all good. Rooms are very rustic /dated but obvious improvements are being made everywhere. Equipment lockers and boot dryers were a bonus. It's on our calendar for next year.

1  Thank Julia W