“Ski weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Shelby
“Ski weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Clean lobby and breakfast area. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Rooms are nice and clean, pillows aren't the best but we bring our own anyhow.

Pool and hot tub area was nice, took the kids down in the morning to use the pool and hot tub before checking out and for some reason they were draining the hot tub.....why they don't wait to do it till after people check out I don't know, but we couldn't use it. There is also no vending machines in the entire hotel, something about opening a store and it not being ready yet.....either way, your a hotel, vending machines would be nice.

Over all a nice one night stay....more than one, maybe not for us.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Julie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Cadillac.
Your comments are appreciated. We are excited about receiving new pillows in the very near future to help youand all our guest have a better stay.

Again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Essexville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a very bad experience at another hotel down the road. We are so happy that we checked out of the previous hotel and checked in to this one. The front desk staff are super friendly. The rooms are comfortable and modern. Breakfast was hot and the breakfast area was very clean. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Cadillac!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank You!! We strive to make our guest stay enjoyable and comfortable. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is getting some upgrades in the lobby so it will be really nice when it's done. The rooms are clean and up to date. Beds are comfortable and my room had a microwave and small fridge. The people were really friendly and helpful. The location is outside of town but close to the main road. It's about 2 miles into downtown. I works stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank svanwass
Julie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Is great to hear these wonderful reviews while we are remodeling. Thank you for staying with us! Happy Holidays
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My sons hockey team stayed here while playing in a tournament. It's exactly what you expect from HIE. My only complaint is that the pool has no ventilation so chlorine fumes were strong. For some reason hotels are expensive in Cadillac. But this was competitively priced for area.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank EDELAN
Julie S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Great bunch of kids. I am sorry you had a problem with the chlorine smell. Our maintenance staff works to keep the levels at the proper levels. I will adivse them you had this problem.
Again, thank you for staying with us
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

First I want to say I got this hotel on Priceline.com for about $40 cheaper than hotel rate. I suggest this for any hotel stay!!!

Stayed one night early September 2013. Very friendly hospitality. Hotel Lobby is modern and very clean. The staff opened the dinning room for us to eat our take out dinner.

Rooms were clean and everything was in order. (grout in bathroom needed fixed, but was not bad) Beds are ok. I am used to sleeping on a memory foam mattress, but I still snored my night away.

Breakfast was above average for hotels. Coffee was nice and hot!

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the elevators - Ice machine, vending right by elevator are loud.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bamajor
Julie S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments . We strive to be a "Great Hotel Guest Love"
FREMONT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was easy to get to off expressway. Very friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast which was kept stocked! Had a good night's sleep. Was quiet and we were surprised to find it was not a new place! If in area would not hesitate to stay here again. In room 210. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank griffithwolfe
It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to keep all of our guest happy.
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, so this Holiday Inn is actually probably the nicest one my boyfriend and I have been to, and we’ve been to plenty. It was very clean and looked new. The lady at the front desk was very kind, esp. since we didn’t get there until midnight. Our room was surprising beautiful. Looked very sharp and modern. The bathroom was very spacious and everything looked nice and clean. I wish all Holiday Inn’s looked like this! And I know some have complained about the mattresses, but I thought they were great, but I like mine a bit firmer. Only complaint: I have a huge, irrational fear of spider. Like millions of people, I hate them. Well, I woke up the next morning and lo and behold there are TWO medium-sized (think nickels) spiders on the ceiling, and they were very actively moving around. Well, I had my suitcase sitting open on the chair. Luckily I moved it because next thing I knew, I turned around and one of them literally had dropped right onto the chair. I have no idea what kind these were, but they had ball backs. YUCK. I “thought” I killed it with a shoe, but a few minutes later it had crawled off. Oh, and the entire ceiling had a giant web about ½ down because the spiders were crawling around very, very fast. We warned the lady about it, but yeah, watch out. This totally skeeved me out. We were in room 115 btw. So yeah, maybe don’t stay in that room? Other than that, lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy H
Oh my...I am so sorry you experienced a spider in your room. We have had maintenance spray for this problem. Again, I aplogies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadillac
Hampton Inn Cadillac
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 14 in Cadillac
4.0 of 5 stars 62 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cadillac? Share your experiences!