“Great gem of a restaurant ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Western MA
“Great gem of a restaurant ”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I found this restaurant by looking for a place that was on my way home from Sleeping Bear Dunes. The kids were starving and we needed to find a place before there was a revolt. Boy did we luck out!

The ambience was great. The kids and I played "eye spy" while they prepared dinner. There are hundreds of knick-knacks all over the wall that allowed for a great game. Even one of the waitresses and another table got in one the action (they may not been able to avoid it because we were pretty loud). Nonetheless, the staff's friendliness certainly won us over.

The portions were bigger than expected and reasonably priced. My son can usually eat a pizza by himself and had trouble finishing his even though he was starving. The waitress was very attentive and jovial.

If this place was closer, this would be a place we would visit often. However, I did save it to the GPS so we can be sure visit again when we drive back through the area.

Michigan
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My kids and i recently ate here. The first thing we noticed was the smell when we walked in, combination of woodys and good food cooking, we loved it. My son got a steak, my daughter got a pasta-tomato basil-chicken dish, and I got prime rib. I had the rice as a side dish, it was very good, as was everything. The service was also very good. We were staying at the Holiday Inn, and by showing our room key, we got 10% off our bill. If I am ever in Cadillac again, i will definitely go here for dinner.

1 Thank mackinaclover
St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
“Real food before the long haul home!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stopped here after a 5 day long golf vacation - we were tired, hungry, and sick of hot dogs and trail mix!! Although nobody got any cocktails or beer, they did have a pretty good selection of Michigan beers on tap!

I decided to roll with the porterhouse, medium, and everybody else got a mix of sandwiches, pastas, etc. Everybody seemed to love their food, and even though my steak was more medium-well, it was really good!

Everything was served like a Gordon Ramsay restaurant too - everybody got served at the same exact time with multiple servers bringing the food out! Would definitely go back!

Ocala, Florida
“Enjoyed our meal”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant by "the crowd" and it was worth the stop. Generous portions and we both enjoyed our meals. My husband had pork and I had white fish. The fish was a bit rich because of the butter it was cooked in. The waitress did a good job too. The prices were slightly higher than you'd expect at a chain but the portions made up for this difference.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“It's certainly different”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

They are going for the rural hunting lodge look complete with deer heads, stuffed bears and fir beams. It reminded me of a restaurant I once visited in North Dakota in 1970. It's a convivial atmosphere, a bit tongue in cheek but it somehow works. It's clearly very popular. Asking for a gin and tonic was probably an error. I don't know what I got but it sure wasn't tonic. The calamari and the mushrooms starter was a big hit with our table. I tried a very nice piece of walleye and my wife went with a Caesar salad. Everybody was pleased with the food, the décor and the service. All in all, it was a pleasant evening, certainly different to the norm but a nice experience of Northern Michigan. We would probably go back. It was well worth a visit.