“Quality of Food Has Changed for the Worse”
Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had dined at Timbers quite regularly for the past 15 or more years. The food was always excellent. Prices were cheap in comparison to the quality of food offered. Unfortunately, a new generation has taken over. Prices have risen, yet quality of food has deterioriated. The burgers were cooked to order, however, unlike in the past - merely mediocre. We could have saved $6.00 per burger and ate at McDonalds. The taste would be nearly the same. On the positive side, the waitstaff are always great!

1  Thank rychrlim

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The great thing about this restruarnt is "everything" really. No "water downed drinks here"
I am a great above average cook that can make many dishes...so, basically, I am fussy and really do not "care to eat out much". My hubby is spoiled.
Burgers are great, fish and chips(double coated french fries) are to die for! they use "whitefish, not crappy "pulock").Prime Rib is cooked on site, and if it "arrives to your table (over or undercooked) the wait staff, doesn't mind getting you another. Seasoned well.
My most favorite dish served is "Fetticuni with mushrooms and sirlon tips...HEAVEN! Not on the menu all the time, but "when it is...You better get some.
I wish is was a daily item.
However, their fetticuni Alfredo is "to die for"...No "sticky buttery dried up mess here.
Place is family owned, personal...Waitress are very sweet always.
We just moved in the area about two months ago and have eaten there 10 times...Never a bad meal.
If you "save your receipt", for your "next visit", it allows you 10% off your next visit. How cool is that?
The only thing "they need to improve on", is there Rice pilaf "side dis"...A bit Bland.
This place was a "God send" the first week we moved into the area after long days of "unpacking"
In fact, Tonight is Saturday...I got so hungary writing this...I think we'll go get their Awesome Prime Rib...Great pricing, compared to other restrurants in the area.Always good portions.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I ate here the other day and had a wonderful meal. We both had steak dinners and everything came out great. It's a bit on the higher end for price, but the food is well prepared, good portions and taste great!!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Enjoy the back woods atmosphere here in Cadillac. This reaturant has a full menu but try the Walleye. It is delicious!!! I had their pizza the last time I was there and it also was good. Nice and cozy--there are food and drink specials. The wait staff are very friendly and more than ready for that special request. So while Cadillac does not have an abundance of great restaurants you will not be disappointed in the Timbers!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nice local restaurant with vast menu choices. Atmosphere comfortable, lighting just right. Food is always very good. Never dissapointed. The wait staff is outstanding, one waitress in particular really stands out from all the rest, her name is Dar. Very nice, responsive, accommodating, genuinly nice. She knows her job! It's because of people like her in the service industry that we'll continue to go back.

2  Thank Travelqueen1968

Been to Timbers Restaurant? Share your experiences!