“Disappointed”
Review of Da Dawg House - CLOSED

Da Dawg House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a great family restuarant! We have visited it about 4 times and each time the food is wonderful and the prices are so reasonable. Would love to see it listed in Tripadvisor! If it makes it in, I would definately submit a review! By the way, your site is AWESOME and I use it all the time! Sincerely, Anita Struck (puhnkee@sbcglobal.net)
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's got a lumberjack atmosphere. It's got a lake location. Its looks clean and new. The place was recommended by a local, but the place didn't work for me. I was not a happy camper. This seems like old-school, pre-WWII style cookery. Service was slow. My eggs were incredibly greasy. The coffee was so watery to barely taste like coffee. This is THE place if you like to eat in quantity, as the menu emphasizes large portions. If you are a lumberjack who burns a lot of calories in a day (or maybe you enjoy eating, eating, eating), then this is the place for you. After my breakfast here, I felt queasy for hours from ingesting so much grease/oil/fat. Why didn't I ask for more napkins to soak some of it up? Dummy me. I had many outstanding experiences during my vacation in Michigan, in a special way - this was one of them.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Was hoping for some really good food at a 'looks kinda cool' place. But it was average food with poor service. To be honest our server was a weirdo

Reviewed March 16, 2013

First off, they neer have enough waitresses. The poor gal even during lunch rush, is "run ragged"
Second, If you order a steak hoagie(prime rib", WHERES THE BEEF??
Not that their "pricing is "high", but compared to other eateries in the Cadillac area, they are beginning to "give you less filling in your sandwichs/hoggies, etc.I was shocked when I got my "prime rib Hoagie"...I've seen more meat on a sub from "Arbys"...They tend to "fill you up with more fries than anything", a cheap filler
The best thing there, is what "they are known for..."their Dash hound Dawg". A wonderful, 1/2 pound chile dog.
Even chili is tasty(a hard find)
Plus, its fun when the waitress comes out with her doggie ears on and "howls".
We have been living in the area just two months, and have ate there 6 times...Except for the "huge chile dog, the place does not deliver food wise "vale for your dollar. Better off at other restrurants in town if you are "hungary".
Wait staff is always super nice, even though "they are over worked because there are never "enough of them".
They also could have a better "breakfast menu, not much to choose from besides omletes and eggs...They "should have a "meat lovers" he man breakfast for guys...Add a "breakfast burrito...SOMETHING different...
Food is tasty enough, but they are "definitly giving you less"...Pretty soon, we'll stop going, unless we have a taste for that AWESOME dashound Dawg...

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We stop here twice on a recent ski trip and enjoyed a breakfast and a lunch. The meal was pretty good and a nice place to stop on your way through cadillac.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stopped here the other day for breakfast and the meal was awesome and almost more than I could eat. Don't miss a great meal!!!