“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Da Dawg House - CLOSED

Da Dawg House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: This is a great family restuarant! We have visited it about 4 times and each time the food is wonderful and the prices are so reasonable. Would love to see it listed in Tripadvisor! If it makes it in, I would definately submit a review! By the way, your site is AWESOME and I use it all the time! Sincerely, Anita Struck (puhnkee@sbcglobal.net)
Reed City, Michigan, USA
“Breakfast”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stopped here the other day for breakfast and the meal was awesome and almost more than I could eat. Don't miss a great meal!!!

Visited February 2013

Lake Orion, Michigan
“great food! Wish it was close to home!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Top notch food, the cooks must really love their jobs. Our lunch of prime rib sandwich was the best we've ever had, and the BLT might have been, too. The waitress was alone for a surprise rush when we first got there but she handled it beautifully and the waitress coming in started as soon as she walked in. Wish this place was close to home!

Visited February 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“Great food... Less that great service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip in for lunch on our way home from snowmobiling.
The food here is excellent. Is days right on the menu quality local food at slightly higher prices. The prices are not high by any means. The food our family has gotten ranged from the dawg bowl (breakfast), hoagie, Reuben, and club. All were excellent.
The service on our first trip was slightly lacking however there was not a seat open in the entire place. The last time, we were one of maybe 4 tables and had to ask more than once for refills, there wasn't enough silverware, the waitress had the personality of a wet mop.
If you can get over the service issue I would make a trip in to try their awesome food.

Ann Arbor
“Better than nothing.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant during a recent ski trip to Caberfae Peaks. We were very disappointed. We got there at about 6pm on a Saturday night and the few staff that were on hand were not interested in being there at all. When asked what some of the best meals on the menu were, the server got a dazed look in her eyes and shrugged her shoulders. This alone should have made us realize the food was going to be mediocre, but we stayed and ate anyway.

My husband ordered what the menu called the "Dawg House Hash", to which the server said, "you mean the cornedbeef hash?" It was OK. Nothing special. The cornedbeef was big slices stirred into the potatoes. I ordered the "Famous Fish Dinner" with homemade cornbread. Frozen fish sticks from the grocery store are better and the cornbread had to have been a couple of days old. On a good note, my daughter's american cheese grilled cheese sandwich, still tasted good hours after we ordered it (she fell asleep before the food arrived...did I mention that the service was slow?).

I wish I had something good to say about this place, but our experience was not so good. I hope we simply caught them on a bad night. I truly had high hopes for this cute, local establishment.

• Visited February 2013
Alexandria, Kentucky
“We love the breakfast bowl”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have visited this place twice in two years, both times while on a trip through the area. I will go there again if I am within 100 miles of it. Nice atmosphere, fun decor, friendly waitresses. Great breakfast food. I really like the Dawg Bowl breakfast. All the great breakfast foods, eggs, potatos, biscuit, gravy, sausage all served in a chrome dog bowl. SOunds hideous... but it is a real treat on the palate. I had pancakes also, and they were good. Service was good, but both times the place was not full. The price for all of this great food was easily in line with what was served. Good portions. Will be back!

• Visited September 2012