“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Da Dawg House - CLOSED

Da Dawg House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a great family restuarant! We have visited it about 4 times and each time the food is wonderful and the prices are so reasonable. Would love to see it listed in Tripadvisor! If it makes it in, I would definately submit a review! By the way, your site is AWESOME and I use it all the time! Sincerely, Anita Struck (puhnkee@sbcglobal.net)
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stopped for a late breakfast while traveling. The food was wonderful. Service was great. Atmosphere very northern and local. My wife had French toast with lemon cream. Very delicious and rich. I had a local omelet special with coney sauce/chili. We will definitely come back as we traveling along 131.

There are newer reviews for Da Dawg House

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Friendly and fast service. Husband had the ribs and was very impressed with the quality and the amount of food for the price.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

It was one of the few places open on Sunday for breakfast, and since the Holiday Inn Express' breakfast was a total bust, we gave it a try.

The food took forever. Our child was starving, but it was a good 40 minutes for our food to arrive. And even when it did, half the order was incorrect. The waitress seemed like she hated her job. (Not sure I would like wearing dog ears and howling delivering "puppy chow" dishes either).

The pancakes were over done, eggs a bit soggy, and they do not offer any fresh fruit (even in the summer!!).

It was very busy, but maybe this is because it is one of very few places open on Sunday.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband had their hot dog thinking because of their name it would be good... no. The dog was less than average. It was tough and not much flavor. For a $3 hotdog.. how hard can it be????

Reviewed August 9, 2012

On our way home from "up north" we stopped by Da Dawg House for the first time, after driving by it for years. We should have kept driving. We were seated right away, and it didn't take long for our server to take our orders and get us some soda. However, we were informed that the steak dinner my husband ordered cost $1 more than the menu price. No big deal, but it was announced rather rudely. Then we started waiting, and as we looked around we noticed that several tables, filled with families, only had drinks--no food. Time passed. After 15 minutes, one table was served a giant hot dog, and lots of clapping and fussing from the staff ensued. More time passed. No salads, no drink refills, no server. It was after 7pm, and we were getting quite hungry. Finally, I caught the attention of our server. "How much longer?" I asked. "How long have you been waiting?" "About 1/2 hour". "Oh--well, it usually takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to get your food here", she replied breezily. What?! I had ordered a club sandwich! "Those sandwiches are very hard to make", our server said. "All that toasting and assembling.... I will bring his salad out, though". Then she comes back and says "we are out of salad for now". Huh? After 45 minutes we said bye bye and walked out. All the tables who were still waiting for food looked like they might do the same. While I cannot review the food at this restaurant, I can rate the service--terrible!