“Not what I was hoping for”
Review of Sun-N-Snow Motel

Sun-N-Snow Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hotel is very old and shows it. In need of some major updates. Pulling in the office looks like something out of Hansel & Gretal. I did research online before booking this room and read reviews of large clean rooms and friendly owners. The owners are nice enough but the rooms are not close to large. Also, I had called in July to reserve and spoke with the lady owner. I gave her the day and date of our stay. She told me the cost and reserved it on my credit card. When we get there she charged me 15.00 more than the quote because it was Friday. This really upset me because she knew when I made the reservation that I was arriving on a Friday. I feel this is extremely dishonest and an unfair practice. Lying about the price of a room will not bring back customers. The only things this place has going for it is that it does have a nice lake view and there are some very nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wow is all I can say. This motel is in bad need of some TLC. We stayed in a "cabin" for 4th of July weekend, while the room was spacious and had everything a family of three (plus a dog) needed, the "cabin" left a lot to be desired. We first walked in and were greeted by a very strong musty smell, as if it had not been used in months, luckily we had brought our own Frebreze to help deodorize the room. There are just not words enough to explain how outdated and worn down the this place was. The bathroom sink was literally hanging on by a string, there was an old couch that didn't look safe to sit on, an old fridge that was no longer working just sitting there (luckily there was a newer fridge in the room as well), carpet that was worn, and the bedding was from the late 70's or early 80's.

There were a couple of good things, it is located right off of M115 right on Lake Mitchell. There is also a nice seafood restaurant that shares the parking lot called Lakeside Charlie's. There was a screened in front porch attached to the cabin (room 11) that had a great view of Lake Mitchell. I would say you're better off staying at the Days Inn up the road unless you're really set on being on the water.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Craigcutt
Reviewed December 31, 2011

This little motel may be date by many years,however, it is excellent. Cheapest rates around by almost 30 a night, very friendly management, clean rooms, comfy beds. We will keep this place fir future reference for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011