“Great rooms and value.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Byron Center
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Clean and comfortable rooms. Free breakfast and internet. All in all a great value. The reception staff are not the friendliest, but I still would recommend this to all the road warriors out there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Amber V, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Rajeev R we are so glad you found our facility clean and comfortable. Every one of our guests is a top priority, we are dedicated to consistently offering the best products and services possible. The friendliness of our staff is very important and I can assure you this matter has been brought to the attention of all of our front desk associates. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is the 3rd time we've stayed at this hotel. Each has been around the 4th of July the past two years.

We arrived in Tuesday night and checked in. We booked two rooms. Common sense would tell you that if someone books two rooms, they probably don't want them on different floors. Not a big deal but still annoying. One room on the third floor and one on the fourth.

Strike two was that the pool is supposed to open at 8:00am. My son wanted to swim and was really looking forward to it. At 8:30 we went down to find the pool was locked. We checked in with the front desk and were told that "he didn't have a key". He said that his manager had taken his to go make copies. He made no apologies for the inconvenience and couldn't give us any idea how long it'd be before the pool was open. About two hours later we went back down and it was open.

About the pool and "hot tub". The pool is ok but I wouldn't call it a hot tub. Maybe a warm water tub. This is the second year in a row that the hot ton hasn't been working properly.

The best part of the hotel is the breakfast. The have a pretty good selection of cereal, bagels, toast, and even a waffle maker. It is a nice touch although their dining area is extremely small and gets crowded quickly.

First year we stayed- very good. Second year- pretty ok. Third year- not so much.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Agibby211 I regret to hear that your recent stay didn't meet your expectations. We try our very best to meet all room requests, but it is however based on availability. I do want to personally apologize for you not being able to get into the pool area at the posted time and also that is was a bit of a disappointment to you. We will continue to strive for excellence and appreciate hearing any further suggestions. We would love to regain the opportunity of serving you during your trips to the Grand Rapids area.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Amber V, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was a retirement trip for my sister. We had great rooms , breakfast was very good, We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. Tried to swim at Lake Michigan, but it rained. We stayed at 3 different hotels and this had the best rooms and the lowest price. I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Debbie K, thank you for sharing your review of our property! I am glad to see that we were successful in delivering a positive hotel experience. I am thrilled to hear that your enjoyed the Baymont Inn & Suites out of all the properties you stayed at during your trip. I hope we will have a chance to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My children and us love this hotel! The pool is wonderful and open late. The pub is down at the other end of the building. My only complaint, as I sit here typing this on my iPhone, is that the in-room wifi leaves much to be desired. The signal, at least in my room, is not even connectable on our iPhones, and on the laptop it connects but continuously drops and is unusable.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for your review mattva1984. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and referral. We are honored to have been your choice of lodging during your visit to the Grand Rapids area. I do regret to hear that the wifi didn't meet your expectations. I appreciate the candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve. I hope to welcome you back next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this Baymont several times for nearby business. The staff are always pleasant, check ins are quick and rooms and commons are always clean. Breakfast bar is open at six in the morning and ready to serve with everything prepared. Restaurant is attached and is always busy but I have never had to wait. This visit saw a massive renovation currently under construction at the restaurant which other than the parking lot being near full with construction portables etc., didn't hamper the dining experiences or my stay. I will definitely continue to stay here whenever I am nearby. One strange item are the condiments bundles that go with in room coffee makers, the two bundles have only one sugar packet each, I prefer to drown hotel room percolator coffees with two sugars per cup. It all worked out fine, the coffee wasn't terrible and I don't need more sugar in my diet!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

BMWtourerEric, We greatly appreciate your positive feedback in regards to the presentation, comfort, and cleanliness of your room. Your review is a great source of encouragement for our team and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure to pass on your approval to the staff members. I'm happy to hear that the construction on the pub wasn't a bother during your dining experience. Myself and the staff look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Shelbyville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center? Share your experiences!