“Excellent hotel and great value. Had a problem with key...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Byron Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family had a nice time here during a 1-night weekend stay. There's a sports bar/restaurant attached, which worked out well after an afternoon of swimming. The half-hour wait for a table (popular place, it seemed) gave us a chance to check out the hotel's fitness room (treadmill, bike and some kind of stepper) and drink some hot cocoa by the lobby fireplace. Our room was smallish and so was the pool, which got a little crowded on Sunday morning, but the kids had fun and the hot tub is plenty big. The free breakfast offered a nice variety of food - waffles, breads, muffins, cereal, juice, yogurt, a bit of fruit - but hotel staff was slow in stocking the items and emptying the overflowing trash. We had to wait a bit for spoons, for example, and for the waffle maker stuff to get refilled. The breakfast room wasn't small, but it was busy when we were there around 9:30am.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Katrina R, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at Baymont Inn and Suites of Byron Center. I am so glad to hear that you and your family were able to utilize a few of the amenities we have to offer. Although our breakfast staff works extremely hard to keep our guests happy, I apologize if you had to wait to be served. I can assure you that this issue has been addressed and we are working hard to come up with an immediate solution. Thank you again for helping us improve the product and service we offer. We look forward to your next stay.

Katrina Ro
Front Office Manager
katrinaro@baymontbc.com
Saginaw
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel service was very nice and the room quality was good. The employees were also very nice. One incident happened at this hotel to where the smoke detector went off in the morning. I was flat ironing my hair when it went off. It didn’t burn anything in the hotel room. Being that this is a good hotel a guy from the service desk called to make sure everything was okay. I felt that was very good for them to call But I didn’t feel that it was nice for a male employee to accuse me of smoking in a non-smoking room. I continuously told him that I was not smoking and he said “we will know when housekeeping cleans your room." I felt very offended, after I told him I don’t smoke. I was very angry and wanted to leave after that incident. I work for a Dow Corning Corp. in Midland, Michigan meaning we have frequent drug testing. Also I have bronchitis, I can’t smoke. The supervisor really should speak with this employee! -2/16/13

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Holiday Inn Express South
Holiday Inn Express South
#22 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-South

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center? Share your experiences!