“Best Service I've Had In Years!”

84th Street Pub & Grille
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Byron Center
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Edina, Minnesota
“Best Service I've Had In Years!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Let me start out by saying that the food at this restaurant is average. An unimaginative menu that is prepared capably. The attribute that caused me to rate the restaurant "Excellent" was the service. We had a group of parents and youth soccer players staying at the connected Baymont and had several meals at this restaurant. The manager was exceptional!!!! He really takes pride in his restaurant and delivered unbelievably good, personalized service. This guy should be earning a lot more than he probably is and I think his calling is training people on service because our wait staff (bar and restaurant) were universally polite, efficient, friendly and we all got the sense that they really cared about giving us a good experience. At one point in my career I oversaw 65 restaurants for the world's largest restaurant chain, and I can tell you that what this guy in Byron Center, Michigan has achieved with his staff is something special. So, don't go for the food, but do go -- for the service.

Visited June 2012

Wayland, Michigan
“Summer Vacation 2012”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Extensive menu and yummy food for good prices we ate there and stayed in the hotel attached Baymont Inn and Suites

Visited July 2012
Washington, Utah
“Good place to have a beer”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel next door and dropped by for a couple of beers. Fun atmosphere and the servers were very friendly. We did not eat so I can't comment on the food.

Hastings
“Health code violation, anyone?”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I know a server that works here who says she saw their day chef drop a thing of tomatos on the floor, then scoop them back up and use them sandwiches. Also, Lisa was very rude when we told her the wings were too hot.

• Visited February 2012
Michigan
“Cool Place”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed at the connecting Baymont Inn as they have a casino shuttle on Friday and Saturday nights. Casino was packed so by 9:30 we were back at the hotel and stopped in for cocktails and Club Keno. Great selection of draft beers and drinks were reasonably priced. We had the 7 layer dip appetizer and it was tasty. Friendly staff, great service, good food and a nice atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012