“Truly disappointed”
Review of Pizza Takeout Paliani - CLOSED

Pizza Takeout Paliani
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was seriously disappointed. My friend had recommended this place to us saying it was very good. We purchased a $25 voucher online with the requirement that we had to spend $35 plus 18% tip. All said we paid about $12 for this meal and that was too much. And in any other situation we definitely wouldn't have left a tip.

When we arrived there were 3 other tables, at least 2 of which were waiting on food. There was a toddler running around - as this is a family owned restaurant I'm ok with this to a point, but I had my own young children with me, I don't want to have to worry about another kid grabbing stuff off my table.

Service was extremely slow. A table that arrived after us waited at least 10-15 mins before their drink orders were taken. Salads took a long time to arrive and it was simply lettuce with two small pieces of ham, a pepperoni, cheese and 2 olives. We'd ordered breadsticks and they took forever to come out. They were quite tasty but the dipping sauce tasted as if it'd gone bad. I mentioned this to the server and she says it's because it's made with cream cheese. I know what cream cheese tastes like and it wasn't that. She later comes out to say *maybe* it wasn't mixed well enough. We also had to request drink refills, which she forgets about until my husband goes up to get them filled and he tells her she forgot what one of us was drinking.

Our food finally arrives, my husband's stromboli & the kids' pizza is undercooked. My fish and fries are overcooked. The hushpuppies are literally almost black.
As we eat, the owner comes out to speak with another guest and we hear all kinds of excuses - busier than expected (really 5 tables is "busy"?), the temperature is 10 degrees higher than expected (what does this have to do with anything?). Basically anything she could think of to take the blame off her establishment.

To reach the $35 min we have to order desert. At this point I have to get my kids home because it's taken so long. We order cheesecake to go, the server asks if we want strawberries so I say sure, only to be told "oops I forgot we don't have any". My husband waits 10 mins only to be told, no cheesecake. He gets cinnamon bites which he then has to wait again for. The are pretty good but almost taste salty.

The whole ordeal was just too much. It's a shame because I bet if it had been cooked properly their food would have been good. We'll never find out because we will definitely not be going back there.

9  Thank MiMomOf2