“spend a few more bucks to stay somewhere else”

Burton Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burton
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I had an unexpected stay in Flint and was brought to the Super 8. The service at the counter was nice, the bullet proof glass was alittle scary. As for the room, I know Super 8 is a budget hotel, but my room was a train wreck. One of the beds had red spots on the sheets, the carpet had many stains on it. While I was in the shower, two different fixtures broke and fell to the floor, and the two chairs in the room were very uncomfortable. There was a nice little breakfast consisting of cereal and bagels that were pretty good. If I had to stay in Flint again, I would find something else.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jsbusch
There are newer reviews for Burton Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 14, 2010

What d'ya expect for $40 a night? I mean - [--] you got breakfast? For $40 a night at most places you get bullet holes and a suitcase full of roaches the next morning. I hate people who stay at off the highway MOTELS and a expect five-star HOTEL experience. [--]!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2009

The Super 8 in Burton, MI was really cheap (US$42 with AAA/CAA discount) and just off I-69.
I arrived late, and was a little put-off by the prominent, adjacent restaurant whose neon sign was needing repair and a hotel front desk situated comfortably behind a secure glass wall like a check cashing agency. So, I was pleased to find that my non-smoking room was very clean, but a little worn (an open seam in the carpet, a missing baseboard in the bathroom) and had the typical motel-musty smell (easily disipated by running the fan or A/C). But the free wi-fi didn't work, and no one at the front desk answered my call... But I figured that since it was after midnight, email was not that important and I'd just go to sleep.

A much bigger problem arose at breakfast when I realized that the milk was sour and the front desk clerk didn't believe me. I remain astounded by her indifference since guests could have gotten really sick. The problem was addressed and "Larry? the Houseman" even lent a sympathetic ear, but still - what establishment serves bad milk at breakfast!??! Are they trying to kill their clientele?

On the plus side: I was assured the parking lot was under video surveillance and late at night (1 am), I did see a police cruiser slowly patrol the parking lot, which was reassuring.

The bottom line: for a cheap night off the freeway, I would stay here again (I just might avoid the breakfast). It was a clean, quiet room that let me sleep soundly and watch some cable tv after a long drive... But I don't think my wife would ever consider stepping foot inside after my experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2009

There was a big storm on the highway and the roads were bad. The closest hotel we found near the highway was the super 8. I had to appreciate the fact that we were safe off the roads, but I will never stay at one of these places again if I have the choice. It looked and felt dirty, old and dingy. I guess when you have the choice though, it was close to the highway and cheap.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We checked in about 6 pm on Friday night and were directed to our room around the back of the hotel. The room actually looked like the picture on the web site! Thats rare to find. The bathroom was extreamly small, I walked into and almost fell in the tub trying to get in and shut the door in the dark, but that is only the shower and toilet, the sink, mirror and "dressing" area are just outside the door, something I do like in a hotel. The bathroom was a little run down, the light needed bugs cleaned out of it but besides that it wasnt bad. The room was really clean and the carpet looked almost new so we were not afraid to go barefoot. The staff was fantastic, I spoke with 3 different desk people who were more then willing to give a smile and directions around road construction. Even spoke with the cleaning people to tell them all we really needed was clean towels and they were so friendly wanting to make sure thats all we needed it was almost annoying lol. All the employees were so friendly it seemed you were in a small town mom and pop hotel, they always had a hello and a smile for you.
My only complaints....I am not sure if its down to thin old walls or just a rowdy bunch of guys in the room above us but you could clearly hear them about 3 a.m.. I tend to think it was the guys since we never heard any noise besides that. Also if you eat breakfast the "continental" breakfast was a bit of a joke. 2 kinds of cereal and milk, bagels with jam, and some mini poppyseed muffins all the coffee I could want though.

All in all I plan on staying there again next year when I am in the area. its easy to find and has 2 great restaurants right next door

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Davison Inn
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport

Been to Burton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!