“Northern Michigan Setting”

Big Bear Lodge LLC
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We eat here about once a month. I really enjoy the rustic wooden decorations as you feel like your in a log cabin way up north. The spicy bison meatloaf is to die for. What flavor! They also have many unique items on the lunch and dinner menu. The table and booths are large and you feel very comfortable. Great place!

1  Thank RonaldandMarianne

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Rebecca was our server and did a wonderful job. We didn't have to wait for anything and she was right there when we wanted anything.

1  Thank LuLuMacAroni
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My family eats here about once a month for the last few years. Between us we have probably tried everything on the menu. My parents LOVE going in for the BOGO Prime Rib. Mom's favorite dish is the beef tips, dad doesn't have a favorite, my daughters is the salmon and burgers, mine (are 2) any of the burgers and the apple almond stuffed chicken. I don't find it any more pricey then going to Applebee's or anywhere else downriver. It has a unique decor. Special coupons for birthdays. Staff (for the most part) has ALWAYS been friendly and helpful. We have been to multi showers here as well and have always had excellent service.

1  Thank 805bethc
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Although the prices are a bit high for this area, the quality of the food is
outstanding & always cooked to perfection. Rebecca was our server and made us welcome with her smile and friendly attitude. Also, if you want to enjoy a real Northern rustic setting, there is no Lodge/Restaurant around the Down River area that will compare to The Big Bear Lodge.

1  Thank Ron F
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I call this a SNOW JOB special> This restaurant had a Super Bowl special (Feb 2,2014) if you used a coupon from their Email.
It sounded good so I checked the online menu. $16.49 for Prime Rib. Sounded reasonable to buy one get one free. This made up our mind.. We went, the place which was overwhelmed, finally sat down, ordered without looking at their menu, ate dinner and paid. We were charged $23.49 for the Ribeye. I called it to the attention of the server and she said they updated their menu yesterday. It was not the proper time to try to straighten this out there so I contacted them today and the owner said it was their Graphic Marketing peoples fault. She will not give any refund and she said she will exercise her right to remove my name from their email list.
I checked their website when returning home and it was then $18.49. They can look for a replacement for me as a customer now.
So much for patronizing this local business.

3  Thank donaldnyq