“Fast Cars and Great Times!!”

Michigan International Speedway
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Brooklyn
Toronto, Ontario
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fast Cars and Great Times!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had difficulty locating the track and were late for hubby's reserved time. Turns out his 12:00 time was cancelled but they bumped him to 1:00pm so all was good. Fog had caused a backlog, but with one class being cancelled things moved rather quickly. Would be nice if facility could provide a food truck for these instances. Pop,water and snacks were available, but being there 5 hours?,coulda used something solid. Ended up purchasing the ride along for him to get used to the track, and insurance just in case :} Those girls should really get commission for all the extras they convince the public they need!! Really hot weather leads me to suggest more canopy's for the drivers while they are waiting in the que/line-up. They all seemed extra heated with their racesuits on. Was nice for the spectators, but the drivers needed sun relief too!! John and Daniel were most helpful when it was apparent that my husbands ride along was shorter than others. All in all a great experience. Hubby said was far better than he expected, he loved it and can't wait to do it again!!

Visited July 2013

St. Cloud, MN
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Excellent place for race!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My hubby & son have come to MI for the past 2 years and this year my daughter and I were able to join in. We've only been to Kentucky Speedway otherwise, so at least we had something to compare it to.
Loved MIS! Parking is free and bathrooms were plentiful! They were seriously everywhere! I only wish they would have had a building with "regular" bathrooms out in the merchandise/trailers section. They had plenty of port-o-pottys though. Even in the parking areas. Parking was easy and plentiful.
We brought in our own coolers with food and drink, but we did buy lemonade. Definitely worth the $5! Yum!
Fans were great, there's no smoking the stands and no one did! Unlike the other track. LOL. Lots of ushers and staff around to help you out.
Leaving the Nationwide race was pretty easy. They opened up 2 lanes of traffic out of the track and still let 1 lane of traffic eastbound. For the Cup race, it was definitely trickier and longer to get out of the lots. Very slow, took close to an hour, but that's to be expected at a big event. They completely closed off EB traffic and made 3 lanes for outgoing, but shortened it to 2 quicker than I thought they should've. Of course, there were the idiots that still decided to drive down the oncoming traffic lane just to get ahead of everyone, so I thought it was great when we saw one of them pulled over! I mean, seriously, just be courteous!
They also had officers at almost all of the small towns even after you were Hwy. 12 overriding the stoplights so it stayed green longer for those on 12 to keep things moving along.
I'm excited to come back again next year and keep this a family outing we can enjoy for many years. I think we will stay somewhere closer to Brooklyn rather than all the way to Coldwater next time, there are a couple little "Mom & pop" motels along 12. Or maybe stay further west...I think a majority of the traffic heads east after the race, but I could be wrong.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Top notch racing facility”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Attended a small event at MIS. Facility was spotless. Clean, modern facilities. Food was overpriced and not particularly fresh.

Visited May 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We love this place”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Every year NASCAR makes it's June appearance on Father's Day weekend. For the past 4 years my father and I have made it a point to go enjoy the races for the entire weekend. With our Friday through Sunday visit to the track we have had a lot of time to see and experience a lot of things. The people working at MIS are top notch and friendly as you could ask for. They will go out of their way to make sure your visit is enjoyable. We always do our share of tailgating and have met so many nice people. As long as MIS continues to treat their race fans as they have been we will be back for many more years to come.

Visited June 2012
Island, Lk. Superior
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Noise and rednecks”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The worst traffic back ups I have ever been in before I got my ears blown out by drunken rednecks cheering cars going fast in circles. Take ear protection and don't wear anything that doesn't support Bud, chew, STP, and guns.

1 Thank pebblepolisher