“Amazing Chicken Wings!”

JR's Hometown Grill & Pub
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The innkeepers at Dewey Lake recommended this restaurant. While the service was adequate (they are a very busy restaurant), the food was very good. They had a special 1/2 off wings, and this is the first place I have eaten wings that they were smothered in sauce. Better than BW3 & Frickers, local chains.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Been a few times now and always had good food. Great variety to choose from. Go on a friday night and get $2.99 long islands!!

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed myself both times I've ate at JRs. I've had the cherry pecan and the steak salads and my boyfriend got Mexican tacos and chimichangas both times and we did not leave disappointed. Get the full salads, as the half portions are too small [more like a side salad]. And my steak was overcooked but still yummy... We'd left full|No leftovers but large portions!
Oh, & don't expect to come here and hang around a bar, it's too small of a 'bar' area...and too close to the door to be comfortable. But go Sundays for $2.99 bloody Marys or fridays for $2.99 long islands

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Terrible accoustics in the place, the sounds just bounce around in there. I can't hear the people I dine with, even harder to speak with the servers. FANATASTIC DEEP FRIED PICKLES served here. But all in all, this prices of this place are a bit too steep for my budget.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We love the burgers here so much that it's hard to make ourselves order something new. I have heard the steaks are great, as well as the salads. For me, nothing beats any one of their burgers plus their homemade potato chips.
Servers are very pleasant and work hard to make the customers happy. Even those who are not waiting on your table smile and speak to you. The manager often goes around to the tables to ask how you like the food.
They have various drink specials every day, which I took advantage of a few times till I tired of having a Bloody Mary (we go there after church on Sunday). Not sure what their other drinks are like, but they are not expensive!
The only downside of this great restaurant for us is the noise level. The acoustics are such that if the restaurant is packed, you can't have a conversation in your booth without shouting. We stuff cotton in our ears usually. We are quiet people, so this may bother us more than others. If you don't mind this aspect, and you like pub food, you will love this restaurant.