“The owner is VERY rude! Beware, his dogs had attacked MANY people over the years!”
Review of Willabee's Motel

Willabee's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brimley
Willabee's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brimley
Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 13, 2010

When you call the motel you get an abrupt, gruff… “Willabee’s”. No friendly voice … “Willabee’s how may we be of service” or “How may we help you”. That should have been my first clue. The owner pretty much mans the desk with NO smile or warm welcome. He is doing YOU a favor. Having personal visits during the day prevents him from getting off the couch to assist his customers. This is not a pet friendly motel, because he has three un-bathed dogs that wander freely in the lobby, one of which is vicious. You can smell the un-bathed animals the minute you walk in and you must wash your hands after petting the two dogs that are friendly (your hands will stink!) He brags that they are attack dogs and he must put one of them away when people walk into the lobby as the dog still doesn’t understand that it can’t attack people. We had been warned by an employee, that one of the two VERY LARGE dogs had bitten two people, tearing the hand of one woman and ripping off the elbow of an elderly gentleman. The owner had admitted that his dogs had “torn up visiting animals” which is why it is not a pet friendly motel.. he did fail to mention that one of the dogs had attacked two customers! The owner, a former construction worker claiming to be past law enforcement lacks personality. He is rude and feels the need to barge into your room anytime he wants, regardless if you are in the room or not. They do not offer “Do Not Disturb” signs. He refuses to respect your privacy, even when voicing your concern in a very professional way. He will tell you, it’s his right to come and go from your room whenever he wants and if you don’t like it, go somewhere else. So…we went somewhere else, as I refused to argue with such nonsense and disrespect of my privacy. NO…you are NOT allowed to come into my room whenever you want and rifle through my company laptop, legal documents and paperwork that contain very private information and social security numbers, addresses and date of births! In my business I take all precautions to be certain my client’s information is safe and secure and I will not allow someone to tell me he will do what he wants because it’s his business. Well buddy, I own a business as well and I will protect my clients from people like you who think they can control the world and do what they want. The casino accommodations down the road, offer a better atmosphere and a great staff and they offer smoking rooms as well. They are kind and appreciate your business and respect your privacy…plus you don’t have to worry about losing life or limb because of “attack” dogs (which he boldly boasts) roaming the lobby area. On a positive note, the cleaning crew does a great job…the rooms are very clean.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
11 Thank Ambeekins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Da UP of Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Room was clean, but that was where the good ended. Not a real warm welcome. Stayed in room 116, outside light hummed very loud all nite, every flush, turn of a faucet, and step people above made was heard loud and clear. No in room coffee, small 19" TV, steps every where your turn, and no internet access.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnsdi
michigan
Reviewed October 19, 2009

my wife and i stayed two days ,the room was very clean they cleaned the room every day just like the big hotels. The resturant was great : HAD A GREAT TRIP :

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed July 17, 2009

the room was clean and quiet, the staff was very helpful and friendly, the food was great, and the nightly entertainment was fun.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, MI
Reviewed September 18, 2008

If you are touring the colors or going sight seeing this is a nicely run, clean motel. No fancy frills, just a good clean room, coffee and a small assortment of bagels and muffin in the morning and a newspaper. Now they have wireless internet, even better for the weekend warrior. We used to camp at the campground nearby and thought to give Willobee's a try. The owner or manager, anyway someon has two big black dogs that hang out in the office, but other than my being a little dogophobic, or big dogophobic everything was as we expected and perhaps a bit more. No 5 star service and jacuzzi, but that's not what they are about. There is a small resturant connected with limited by reasonable hours and prices. We have made this our color tour stop now for three years and have never been disappointed. Would recommend.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mark711
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We have stayed at Willabee's Motel for the last five years and loved each and every time we stayed there. The rooms are fairly large with a large bathroom. The management treated us like family and couldn't do enough for us. When you accummulate seven nights of staying there you get one night free. And it is very quiet too which makes for good sleeping. We will definitely stay there again and again and again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DMDK
birch run
Reviewed February 27, 2008

On Wednesday I had to cancel 7 rooms I had booked for Friday. Which is within the 48 hour notice I am suppose to give.
I was sarcastically told *thanks for cancelling at the last minute.*
after a little bit of whining from the clerk. When I called back to say that wasn't very nice, since we have stayed their several times prior, I was preached to again. The gentleman was nice enough to tell me that with the increases of gas prices we were only talking amd extra $30 to get there. My point 7X30=$210 round trip $420 and it isn't his money anyway. I should have asked if he wanted to go half. Anyway he directed me not to come back, so Okay. Neither will anyone I know.

7 Thank yuzs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimley
Bay Mills Resort & Casino
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
Days Inn Sault Ste Marie MI
#14 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Brimley Motel Suites
Brimley Motel Suites
#1 of 4 in Brimley

Been to Willabee's Motel? Share your experiences!