“Clean, good location, nice price”
Review of Willabee's Motel

Willabee's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brimley
Willabee's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brimley
Johannesburg, Michigan
“Clean, good location, nice price”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I venture up to Brimley from just below the bridge a couple times a year. We've stayed at Willabee's a few times now and will likely do so each time. It's about $40 on average cheaper than the casino (which is the reason we go up there!). It has a nice bar and restaurant right next to it and it's only a hop, skip and jump away from the casino. I believe there is a shuttle, too, to the casino but you probably have to call the casino (we just saw it at the gas station but did not ask). Hotel is always clean, lots of pillows and a decent bed, and owners very nice but the front desk it ony open until 11:00. Also a gas station right next door to fuel up the car and get coffee for the ride onward the next morning.

Room Tip: We've always stayed on the bottom floor and never had an issue with noise from upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank april s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
thumb area
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We needed a place for a couple nights in the area,ans casino was full, so we chose Willabees from thse reviews.Room was very nice,clean,and nice employees.Lounge/restaurant had a great breakfast and not too expensive. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jrotkowski
Michigan
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our stay was a "one nighter". Willabee's is a basic, no frills motel - however it's clean, and the beds were fairly comfortable. The room was large enough (as was the bathroom) but noise from the second floor was disturbing. The office closed at 11 PM so we couldn't complain to them. Rooms haven't been decorated in a while. But clean! Staff was neutral. WIFI was free and worked. Another plus. Breakfast next door was a good deal. The room did have a fridge, another plus. This motel is an "overflow" for the nearby casino. If passing through Brimley and need a place to stay, this is pretty much your only alternative to the casino hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drlooper
Grand Blanc, Mi
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is the kind of motel that you DON"T expect to find in a tiny little Burg like Brimley!! A beautiful, clean inexpensive riverside motel with fantastic rooms, friendly owners and staff! There is nothing here NOT to like---and that includes the adjacent restaurant. The owner bought the place a few years ago, moved to Brimley from Indiana and turned the property into a travelers delight. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED HERE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DanandSharon
KL ON
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I travelled with my parents to Brimley to go to the casinos.. and Willabee's Motel had rooms.. we decided to stay there and extended our stay due to the great people at Willabee's.. they are so accommodating, helpful, the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, there is a covered veranda.. a river in the back of the motel and if I am not mistaken, Lake Superior or the North channel of Lake Huron.. just down the road, past the cemetery.. it is a family affair, when you stay at the Willabee.. A restaurant and bar are situated close to the motel with an excellent view and deck -- a safe and comfortable place to come back to... and the town itself is lovely... this was our second time there and we will return again.. I know when I am motorcycling - this will be one of my stops..

Room Tip: I would try to get a room with a view to the river.. which is in the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 55pmclean55
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I were on a motorcycle trip and heavy rains caused me to pick the first decent looking place I could find to stay. I first went past this place to the casino a few miles down the road. They only had smoking rooms and they were bad so decided to ride in the rain back to Willabee's. I'm glad we did.

The rooms was is similar in size and has the amenities of a Comfort Inn however, much cleaner than the majority of the chain motels where I have stayed. The owner was very nice.

Once the rain stopped it was a short walk to the lake were I was able to walk along the sand beach of a little and watch the sun set. It was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ajayhawkfan
Phoenix
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Clean rooms, good location on the river, very good restaurant on the same property and a price that is quite acceptable by today's standards. I've stayed there on three or four occasions and will certainly do so again on future trips. Dog policy might seem a touch unusual to some but the owners dogs are friendly and add a homely touch to the reception area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank biloran
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimley
Bay Mills Resort & Casino
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
Hampton Inn Sault Ste Marie
#3 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
Best Western Sault Ste. Marie
#2 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront
Delta Hotels by Marriott Sault S...
#4 of 23 in Sault Ste. Marie
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Ojibway
Ramada Plaza Sault Ste. Marie Oj...
#8 of 18 in Sault Ste. Marie
Brimley Motel Suites
Brimley Motel Suites
#1 of 4 in Brimley

Been to Willabee's Motel? Share your experiences!