“Great crew!”

Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My family and I drove in from Iowa last weekend for my niece's birthday party. It was something of a last-minute decision to make the trip, but the staff at this hotel made it all simple and worthwhile. We needed a late check-out to keep everything on schedule and they seemed more than happy to help us out. This is a big deal as I have had other hotels in the area refuse us a late departure in the past, which sometimes leaves us in a bind (we have small children, including an infant). The only negative critique I would offer is to say that the pool was FREEZING cold and my kids couldn't stay in for more than a couple of minutes. All things considered though, this was a great stay. This will definitely be my choice for future trips to Brighton.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
julie t, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Lubimy,

Thank you for taking the time to inform your fellow travelers about our great staff and service! We do try to make our guests as comfortable as possible and I will definitely look into the pool temperature. Thanks again and travel safely!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently had our wedding party and guests arranged to stay for one to two nights for our September wedding. From the minute we came in to meet with the staff they were very accomodating (even though there were two other weddings going on the same weekend!). Unfortunately, they didn't have a honeymoon suite for us but went out of their way to make sure we had a jaccuzzi room that attached to a large boardroom so there was space for the girls to have hair and makeup done. They even upgraded one of the groomsmen so they had a large suite for the guys to get ready in and watch football the day of the wedding. It was over and beyond what we expected and we were so grateful. They helped sort out some food delivery issues we had with the pizza place and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. The hotel itself was clean and ready for us when we arrived - including the after party room they let us reserve for after the wedding! I was pleased and cannot say enough about Amanda and Kristy in the Sales area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
julie t, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello Christie,

Thanks so much for writing such a great review of our property! I appreciate the time you took to let others know about our guest service and how wonderful our Sales Department is. Congratulations to you and your new husband from the entire staff at the Brighton Courtyard!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was right beside the highway so getting around was a breeze. The staff here was what stood out to me. We ended up staying a 2nd night (unplanned) and they were very accommodating in letting us stay in the same room even though we had booked through a 3rd party. The pool wasn't working the first night but they had it repaired early the next morning. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The healthy breakfast spot in the lobby was really good too, great sandwiches. They had closed one morning before we had a chance to order and the gentleman at the front desk talked to the ladies running it and they opened back up to serve us. I hope managers and staff understand the value of good customer service which is sorely lacking these days on the whole. You can have an average or below standards experience somewhere but great customer service can can make you feel a lot better about it. We would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: 'Downtown' Brighton is a short ride away and has some decent dining/drinking options. The Ir...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cooliepops
julie t, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hello Cooliepops,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our property! We do strive to provide the very best customer service and your feedback is vital to our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again and will do our best to make the next stay even better!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great stay for two nights in August. The room was clean and up to standard for the Marriott brand but I did hate the faucets in the shower. Some funky contraption I have never seen and they had to have printed instructions for it. I invited family to join me at the pool. Didn't like the humidity in the indoor pool. Should have sliding doors to open up for air. They had a notice to keep doors closed for guest that are affected by pollen. Those guest should stay home or not go in the pool. You can't accommodate for all. Accommodate for the majority. It's like making every room an accessible room.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room or remember to close your blinds
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Roger S
julie t, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello Roger S,

Thanks so much for the kind words about our property! We are very proud of our hotel and the great staff and appreciate the time you took to write a review.

The humidity in the pool room can be a challenge as the summer in Michigan competes with the temperature of the pool water. We do try to make the room as comfortable as possible during this hot season. I do appreciate your feedback and we will take your recommendation into consideration during the next re-model.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this hotel is very much the cookie cutter variety of Courtyards - nothing special, location off of the highway and built with thin walls. This is not the staffs fault. They were pleasant upon checking in, and the hotel was a flurry of activity as it was sold out and a number of wedding guests were staying. I was there for a family reunion. The rooms were ok - a little worn around the edges but clean, bathrooms standard issue Courtyard - spartan and adequate. When I returned from my event, however, it was as if the hotel had lost control and guests were running the place. I was awakened 4 times by loud music, yelling, profanity and general partying going in the room next to me. I called the desk each time. The last, at 430 in the am, I was beyond pleasant at this point. When I went downstairs in the morning, I expressed my complete displeasure at the hotels failure to deal with this. Other guests were there complaining of the same thing in different parts of the hotel. Apparently the police came to "patrol" the halls. Really? Kick these people out if they can't act civilized. This is a hotel, not a rave. Oh, I am a platinum member and was told I would hear from management about my extreme displeasure. Still haven't. Probably won't. I was also told this always happens when they have weddings. Really? I'm on my 100th night this year, and can't recall a single other time this crazy stuff happened. And apparently it happens all the time here? Word to the wise - check before you come - if there's a wedding in town, think twice. They really don't care that their guests behave badly and do little to stop it. I have family here, but I think I'll choose Ann Arbor the next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank lawdogs1

Hello Lawdogs1,

I am sorry that the other guests in the hotel were so disruptive! We do have occasional wedding groups but they are usually as interested as everyone else in getting back to the hotel and getting a good night's sleep. I am sorry that the group was so poorly behaved during your stay. We definitely take our guest's comfort seriously and when a group does not respond we will not hesitate to bring in the proper authorities to assist.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall - Overall I would rate this as a decent stay. Wont WOW!!! you but very clean and very nice.

Room - The room was very clean and already cool when we got there. That was a huge plus because it was 90 some degrees outside that day. Good TV Channel selection.

Vending - The didn't include vending machines on each floor. Instead you had to go the little store at the front desk. $6 for a pop and too M&m's!!!

Pool - The pool was very clear but a little on the cool side. It was fine though and it kept the kids entertained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank souper71

Dear Souper71,

Thank you for the kind words and I am so glad that you had a pleasant stay at our property. I am glad that your kids had fun in the pool!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was comfortable and clean. Although I loved walking in and finding that the AC had been running, it was quite cold in the room. We turned down the AC and it never ran again in the one night we were there. The bathroom was clean but average. I was concerned that we would hear noise through the adjoining room doors as a sliver of light could be seen around the doors but fortunately it was quiet. Our room faced the expressway, near the elevator on the third floor, but we had a quiet restful night sleep.

Overall a pleasant stay. I just think overall, the price was way too high for this location/facility/room.

Hotel sign is not real obvious from Grand River Ave as you head from the expressway. The service road that it is on is just passed a Shell gas station (on the right) and between a car dealership and an Arbys (on the left). I missed it the first time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony F
julie t, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hello Tony F, Thank you for taking the time to give feedback to your fellow travelers! We do value your input and will certainly take your comments into consideration. We work very hard to gain the good opinion of our guests and I am pleased that you found our property to be clean and quiet. I am sorry that the signage was not quite adequate and regret that our community will not allow for larger signs along the main road to our entrance.

Julie

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Homewood Suites Brighton
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Brighton South - US 23
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Courtyard Detroit Brighton? Share your experiences!