“brighton courtyard”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed June 19, 2012

friendly staff

clean rooms

nice bistro with nice selection

front desk staff very helpful and courteous

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here while we were on the Hot Rod Power Tour. We had car trouble and stayed an additional night. I was there all day while my husband was out getting a part for the car so I KNOW just how truly wonderful things are at this hotel. The hotel itself was very well-maintained with lovely landscaping and attention to detail. Everything was clean and up-to-date. Our room was fresh-smelling, clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby/dining area was a great place to hang out. The BEST PART was the amazing people who work there! Stephanie, Jacki, Susan and Charles did their best to make our stay a wonderful one! They tried to get help for us with our car problems and they make me feel right at home while I waited for my husband to return. I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Zebra71
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for a week-end as part of a wedding party. The service was very warm, and the building was spotless. The rooms were spacious and quiet - an important aspect for my family. And, they have recently started a full-service Starbucks offering from their mini restaurant.

I looked at surrounding hotels and found this to be best in class.

The hotel is off of the beaten path a bit - which is not a negative. Look for entrance next to the Arby's restaurant and across from the Honda dealership.

Room Tip: While they don't have suits, they do have a couple of rooms with 2 queen beds AND a pull out cou...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BradS731
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here on my way to Grand Rapids. The staff is very friendly and helpful.mthey recommended a non-chain restaurant which is a must if I'm going to eat out. The Stout Irish Pub was a good find with great food. Now back to the hotel, it was clean, but could use a little updating. The fitness facility served my needs as there was treadmills and free weights to get my routine in. I did utilize their cafe, so I can't give a good review in the cafe. With so many hotels offering quick free breakfast, I refuse to pay for breakfast.

Overall, if I was through the area again I would stop in for the evening again.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I've stayed at Courtyard by Marriott hotels before so I knew what to expect and this hotel was no different. The property was clean with plenty of parking. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and the hotel floor was quiet (which is very important to me). The hotel staff was pleasant and amicable, helpful and attentive.

There was one slight annoyance when the maid staff knocked on our door at 9am and I was getting ready to shower - I admit, we did not have the do not disturb sign on the door but it was also early and we were checking out that day (I thought they waited until guests checked out to clean the room if the guests were checking out that day).

All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here for a shopping weekend in March 2012. Excellent location, clean rooms, friendly staff. No complaints other than no mini-fridge in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Having stayed at Courtyard by Marriott before, I knew what to expect at the Detroit/Brighton hotel. It's kind of like déjà vu walking into one of these establishments as they all have so many of the same features...but that's fine as the ones I have stayed at have all been clean and comfortable. This was no exception. A pleasant hotel in a pleasant location (with an Outback Steakhouse and a Cracker Barrel within eyesight.)

My only complaints about the hotel were with the towels and the shower. One might better refer to the towels as thin white loofahs suitable for full-body exfoliation. Also, the shower faucet must have been designed by a man. Sorry guys, but no woman would have engineered a contraption like this :-) Let's just say that pulling on the faucet spigot isn't the first thing that comes to mind when one wishes to switch from tub-filling to showering. In fact, after my morning mental workout finally resulted in water streaming from the showerhead, I chuckled as I noticed posted instructions just inside the shower curtain. Yes, instructions to switch on the showerhead. I won't begin to describe the mechanics involved in turning the water on and off and selecting the proper water temperature.

Anyhow, these were small things. What mattered most was the pleasant location, clean room, fresh sheets, and the peaceful night's sleep...all at a very reasonable cost.

TIP: No free breakfast at this hotel. Cracker Barrel is very close, though.

Room Tip: Further from the pool is better. Children can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Magic_Travelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Homewood Suites Brighton
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Brighton South - US 23
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Courtyard Detroit Brighton? Share your experiences!