New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Brighton

Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brighton
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
“Good Hotel, but not so good staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before with no problems. But when I booked a room through Priceline it went bad. As soon as I booked a room on Priceline.com I called the hotel (75 days prior to my stay) to make sure we would get a 2 bed room. The staff person said it was no problem and would put it on the reservation. I called a week before my stay because my brother-in-law made a reservation a few days earlier and they told him there were only one bed rooms left, so when I called the person told me that she only had a 2 bed room avaliable for the first day and then we would have to change rooms the next two days but she would get me a 2 bed room for all 3 days. The day we arrived I was told that there were only one bed rooms left and that's all I would get, so I had to get another room at a cost of $300 extra to me. I go there every year, but will never stay at this hotel again! I want to trust the staff at the hotel I'm staying at.

Room Tip: Get everything about your reservation in writing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daps15122

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice staff, very clean and well located. This is the only place I stay when I visit our Brighton office. Only down side is the breakfast is lacking in my mind and other Holiday Express's I have stayed at do a early eve cocktail and snack time which this location does not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rev0jace
Bear, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice, the breakfast was good but it is difficult to overlook those things when money is taken from your rooms. We were in town for the AAU Jr. Olympics and stayed at this property for a week. The first comment made to my husband by the front desk person was "where did all these black people come from"! We were told that they would go for months without seeing a person of color. We booked through Hotwire so we could not move to another property. We noticed the money missing initially from one of the coach's room. We immediately notified the front desk.
Kristin at the front desk is in need of customer service training and a major attitude adjustment. She was less then accommodating. After much persistence she contacted the general manager who basically said there was nothing he could do. After much persistence from my husband he agreed to a partial refund on our card that was used to book the room. I would expect the manager to immediately offer some sort of compensation when we had 4 rooms booked for a week. Also the money was taken out of my children's wallets. My one daughter's wallet never left the room because she was running at the meet.
The maids prop your room open and leave the area to go clean other rooms. I will never stay her again and would not recommend anyone else staying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Trackmom816
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Trackmom816,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton, MI. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I traveled here on business and needed a quiet place to prepare. This hotel was clean and quiet. The reception personnel were very business like and helpful. I would stay here again! There are places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013
Grimsby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this location recently, had all the basics you would expect form th HI Chain, convenient location, decent spread for breakfast, well layed out, rooms seemed a little small but room choice was not mine but the selection of the host company, may have been a room size I've never stayed in before, non the less was fine. Clean, well maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear dgm999,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Cathy Osdras was particularly helpful in choosing an appropriate room for us while travelling with our grandson and in securing the same room on our return at the end of our stay in Michigan. The room, breakfast, and service was excellent and there were numerous choices for restaurants within walking distace.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My father, sister and I travel to Brighton, Michigan for my nephw wedding. I request handicap rooms. MY father room was completely handicap both the tolet and the walk in bath tub. He could not have been more pleased. We were close to everything, (breakfast nook, pool) Other members of the family also stay at Holiday Inn. On Saturday night all of us were in the patio and there were no complaint about the noise. As a group we can get loud. The room's were clean. The staff was very helpful when we sign in and had a problem. They also were helpful when my father fell and couldn't get up.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Homewood Suites Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake
Holiday Inn Express - Wixom

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brighton? Share your experiences!