“Good value, and nice location”

Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed for business on a Wednesday night. Things started off great as I was upgraded from a Junior Suite to a Full King Suite (not sure if this was because I'm a member of the Priority Club, or because they were having the roof redone, and wanted people out of the part of the hotel being worked on, but it was a very nice gesture either way).
I ended up in the "Triangle" around the pool, but didn't notice any noise, or chlorine smell in the room, which I had been nervous of. Just really sorry I didn't bring trunks, as the hot-tub looked very inviting after 5 hours of driving.
The King suite featured a sitting room (pull-out sofa, I assume) with a flat screen TV, a small kitchenette, large Bathroom, and a very large bedroom with King bed, another flat screen, and a very nice desk/work area. Everything was very clean and in good working order.
Breakfast was above average for this type of hotel, and the breakfast area was clean and inviting.
Overall it was a very good value (<$100), and is located within walking distance of several restaurants, and only a short drive to downtown Brighton, which would have been a great place to go if I'd had the time and company.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Our first time at a Holiday Inn Express and it was a very pleasant experience. Very much liked the hotel, clean, had all the amenities, good breakfast, nicely appointed, etc. Will definitely stay at over Holiday Inn Express hotels in future travels. The hotel has restaurants within walking distance and it's in a very nice area. We chose to go about a mile farther to a restaurant called the Stillwater Grill which turned out to be a great find and I will rate that separately. All in all, everything worked out perfectly.

Room Tip: Great location, convenient to everything.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked this hotel for a weekend while we were at an event in Hell, MI. It was not as close to the even as we'd hoped, but the hotel itself was in a convenient location to stores and restaurants in Brighton.The hotel was VERY clean, very quiet, comfortable rooms and a decent breakfast bar. Liked the fridge in the room and the beds and pillows were comfortable. We left an important camera charger in our room and didn't realize it until we got home. The front desk was able to find it and mail it to us quickly. A HUGE thank you for that!!!! I'd definitely stay here again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was a bit difficult to find, as it is within a shopping center and somewhat tucked away. We found it to be clean and basically comfortable. However we were not happy about the fact that the contents of my husband's pants pocket (mixture of change and {not cheap}sugar free cough drops) that he left on the desk were gone when we returned from breakfast. Also, we did as suggested to save energy and left our towels hanging up (as it was a 2 day stay we don't mind re-using) only to find all the towels to be fresh when we returned. Since the maid was in the hall, I told her not to worry about the bed. She nodded..-we found the bed made! My husband asked her for extra coffee, which we didn't get - though she seemed to write it down. We realize there can be language barriers, but since we seemed to have a positive reply we assumed she understood us. It may sound strange to comment negatively about fresh towels and a bed being made, but the point is that we didn't need them to go in and do anything, and instead we find things missing! The hotel manager simply apologized. The breakfast was nothing special, but better than some we've had, though crowded both days. Though our son lives very close by we probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Freedservant
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Freedservant,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Very clean, great service, nice layout of the hotel. I like that all the rooms have fridges. Beds were nice. The location of the hotel is very nice, close to the freeway but you don't hear the noise. Plus you have shops around you. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at the Brighton Holiday Inn Express in Michigan while traveling home from vacation. It was a last minute stop because we had blown a tire on a Sunday and had to wait until Monday to fix it.

Overall, the hotel is good. It is well located, right next to IHOP, Chili’s, Target, and there are many other casual dining restaurants very close. It was a bit challenging to find, but once we found it, we were very pleased.

We stayed in a king room on the second floor. The room was very large, had a big flat screen TV (including HBO), and small refrigerator. The bathroom was very clean and the hotel had good water pressure. We never had to call the front desk for service, so I can’t comment on that, but check in was a breeze and parking was easy to find near the entrance closest to our room.

I would definitely stay here again and probably will on my next trip through Michigan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Generally, I"m a fan of Holiday Inn Express hotels; it is one of the first choices for me when I'm looking for a chain restaurant and I've always had very acceptable stays. I find them reliable and consistent and will continue to stay at them while they demonstrate that level of quality. This particular facility did not disappoint and has further solidified the Holiday Inn Express reputation in my mind. Met expectations. We needed a place to stay for one-night only just outside of Detroit, and randomly selected Brighton from a map. While it was a little hard to find this place at night ... we could SEE the hotel from the road, but it was confusing in the dark to find how to get there (it is kind of in back of a parking lot of a type of shopping mall); however in the daytime we realized how convenient it was for a quick stopover as it was practically adjacent to a Target (among other things) so we could pick up supplies as we continued on our road trip. While I wasn't welcomed as a Priority Club member, we did get a decent room at a decent price - including a microwave and fridge and kitchen-type of counter top, as well as a sitting area, which was great as we were traveling with 2 teenagers. It was a larger room than I normally get with a HIExpress, which was a nice surprise. This particular hotel had a nicer-than-normal pool area which was also a bit of a treat, and it was also open later than normal which was also good for our boys. Those 2 things, combined with the location, made it a good choice for us. Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast - nothing earth shattering but something to put in the belly in the morning; plenty of room to sit in the breakfast area in the am. A note: some rooms surround the pool though, I'm not sure if I would have wanted to stay in one of those rooms (we didn't). As we usually find with HIExpress hotels, parking is plentiful and well lit. Wireless internet worked fine (always an important feature for me). We did not need to call for service at all while we were there, and check-in and check-out was smooth.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Homewood Suites Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
#2 of 5 in Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Brighton South - US 23
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brighton? Share your experiences!