“Good Cracker Barrel, but slightly disappointed”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #20 of 126 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I visited this restaurant on Wednesday May 16 with my wife and were anticipating another great Cracker Barrel restaurant experience. The hostess was VERY pleasant and welcoming. While the food continues to be very good (never had a bad meal at any of them), a couple of things disappointed me. I ordered the open-faced hot roast beef sandwich, which was very tasty, but was kind of small for what it was and the price. Their portions HAD always been very large and you never left the restaurant hungry. I enjoyed the meal but was done with my meal fairly quickly and was not full. Perhaps they have reduced their portion sizes, I don't know. Our waitress was OK but not very helpful. She only had two tables to wait on but was not particularly attentive to us. She brought our check and did not even ask if we wanted any dessert (which we did). Neither the portion size or the waitress diminished our meal: it was still very good and I would go back. However, these are some small things that CAN affect a customer's opinion of a restaurant.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We tend to stop in Cracker Barrel when we travel. We are always able to get what we like, and the service is good as is the value. The Brighton Cracker Barrel is one of the better ones.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

quick service, very unique gift shop. Food is pretty good, prices reasonable.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just okay, an average Cracker Barrel. There are some great ones in this country, but Brighton seems to go up and down depending on the quality of their help. Last week we encountered a new cook at dinnertime and it was a disaster. Other times it has been much better, so its hard to say. I would say that management is probably the problem at this location more than anything else and that determines the quality of the cooks and the waitstaff hired.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Just a awesome dinner/breakfast as usual. Craker Barrel in MI is just like going to Craker Barrel in TX.