“Home Sweet Homewood Suites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Brighton

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brighton
Delafield, Wisconsin
“Home Sweet Homewood Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

We spent 3 nights in a 1 Bedroom Suite (King) at the Homewood Suites with our two children. Our room was very spacious and clean. Our children slept on the pullout sofa and they loved having a room that was living room by day, bedroom at night!

Service was outstanding. We were greeted with a smile at both check-in and check-out. One night we needed extra towels and they were promptly delivered. The hot breakfast at no extra charge was a great touch.

The swimming pool is very nice - we actually had it all to ourselves!

The prices are extremely reasonable, making it a great value. We were pleased with our stay and recommend Homewood Suites to fellow travelers!

• Liked — Clean, spacious suite, free hot breakfast, great value & service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have to say, I was expecting more from this hotel. It seemed that when it was built it was upscale and premium, but they are letting it go! This may seem trivial but the valet luggage carriers I saw were covered in a red rug material that looked like it had seen better days. All dirty and pilled. I wouldn't want to put my luggage on it. Also the hotel smelled like oniony food all the time when you came into it.
I had to get a smoking room because no others were available. I used to smoke, and lived with smokers, so I thought it wouldn't be too bad. I remembered when hotels did not have non smoking rooms, and I never smelled smoke in a room. Much to my stupidity, I learned that in the past and currently, hotels with non smoking rooms use ozone units to clean the air in them! The room really really wreaked of old stale smoke! Much much worse than my own rooms when I smoked, or lived with smokers. The person before me must have smoked 3 packs a day in there all closed up!! The towels smelled of smoke! Well I had no choice but to tolerate it, so thank god they had windows that you could open(not all the way though) and a ceiling fan. After airing it out for a day it wasn't too bad. I also closed all the vents as the air ducts were connected to other smoking rooms and smoke would filter into my room. One plus was that the suite had a full size refrigerator with freezer! The room decor and furniture were very very nice, except the bedspread looked old and a little dumpy. I would add that a suite as upscale as this should have a few wine glasses in it possibly, but maybe I am asking too much. It was a little cramped for a suite. The desk was shoved into the bedroom corner, and the TV cabinet and the end of the bed were right on the side and across from it, not leaving much room to pull out the chair...

• Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kallie60
Jennifer C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
I am so sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected from the Homewood Suites in Brighton. We hope that next time you are in Brighton, that you give us another opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs.
Dekalb, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2008

One of the better place we have stayed for the money. What a novel concept! We had two rooms and a kitchen. Yes that is a full size kitchen!! There was a hot breakfast everyday and Monday thru Thursday there is a dinner and cocktails in the diningroom. The staff was excellent and provided us with our needs.
I really had only one issue and that is that the pool was very cold! Yes I am talking ocean cold for and indoor pool!! I was told that they turned down the heat to 70 because it was starting to get warm outside. I was thinking not that warm!! And after five days of complaining the manager never did turn it up, but the hot tub was nice!

• Liked — Clean, Kitchen, Large room
  • Disliked — The pool!!! TOO COLD!!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Grand Rapids Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2007

Very nice property. New and clean. Nice suites with great amenities. The extra space of the suites is especially good for families. We had a two bedroom suite which we used for 4 adults. It had a kitchenette and two bathrooms. It was great for our group. (And cheaper than renting 2 rooms somewhere else.)

Good free internet connection.

It's a little hard to find off the highway.

The breakfast is excellent, but the "breakfast lady" was downright rude. The front desk staff, on the other hand, was friendly and competent.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2006

Brand-new, sparkling clean hotel with outstanding management. Great location in Brighton close to major expressways and shopping. Staff goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home, including a great breakfast buffet with eggs, sausage/bacon, pancakes, fruit, etc. Spacious apartment-like suites with full kitchens and separate bedrooms make this a great choice for long-term stays.

• Liked — spacious, clean, comfortable suites; free full breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — rooms at the back of the hotel are a long walk from the lobby
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank gwwyjjliu
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

This is a very nice new clean property. Nice free full warm breakfast (bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc.)

Free internet access.

The room was very nice and large--with a kitchenette. Free microwave popcorn.

Bed was comfortable.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

A very good experience.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Gretchen D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!