“Brighton stay”

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel was very nice; room was nice. Staff were very pleasant especially the lady working the complimentary breakfast in the morning. The only complaint we had was the hot tub wasn't working the morning of checkout, but a sign by the front desk indicated the local fire department would be doing a fire alarm check sometime between 9-3 so we didn't know if that was why the tub wasn't working? Overall it was a nice stay.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I loved the hotel, the amenities and the staff. I have taken my daughter on many trips, and she is certainly the one who will also look for the best possible accommodations. She was very pleased with Homewood Suites by Hilton, and is already planning a return trip.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great place to stay with kids, they especially enjoyed the pool area. Rooms were clean and had everything we needed (the kitchen area was a huge plus). Beds were very comfortable. The hotel was also in a great central location. We will return here again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Overall the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and attentive I thought. The food was less then desirable, but when is hotel food really good? I would suggest they add a waffle maker, the good thing about those are that you can make the waffles fresh yourself. The breads/toasts were all stale.

The rooms were clean and there were no problems with the condition of the furniture. The hotel is close to many food options and several stores. I would highly recommend the Brighton Bar and Grill, best meal we had while we were there.

My real problem was the reservation process and the confirmation e-mail that was sent. I reserved two rooms, one with a single bed and the other with two beds. There is a price difference for the two rooms, (20/night difference). My confirmation e-mail was for the single bed room and the price was lower. I had no idea about the price difference when I booked.

So when I got my bill (I was in the two bed room) it was much higher then my family in the other room. I checked my confirmation e-mail and the price was 109/night. I went to the desk and was then informed my room was actually 139/night, not the 109 that was e-mailed to me.

In my opinion this is misleading and confusing. Your rates are your rates I guess, nothing I can do about that, but your confirmation e-mails need help clarifying this.

If you plan on staying here and you book more then one room, be weary.

Room Tip: Check your e-mail
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Homewood48116, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Two night stay in Brighton, Michigan for business. We stayed at Holiday Inn one night and the next night we stayed at Homewood Suites. This hotel was defiantly the better of the two. Friendlier staff, big room with a kitchen (full size fridge), large flat screen TV, and the deal breaker....the pool and spa was open until midnight!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The suite was clean and the staff was very accommodating. it was easy to find off the interstate. We were welcome to be there. The facility is not new however, it seemed that the staff were seasoned and comfortable with being professional at their job. We hope to use the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great experience! Stayed in king studio suite. Very well equipped and clean. Kitchen had all you need for 4 people, plenty of linen for bed and bath, great towels. Plenty of space for all and everything. The best hotel AC/Heat unit we ever had. Nice 40-something flat screen TV with cable, good Wi-Fi internet, quick and easy to set up. Pull-out sofa bed was bad for sleeping but a great seating place. Our two kids (7 and 10) didn't mind sleeping on it for 2 nights. An adult would, for sure! King bed was good for parents, comfortable. Great hotel staff, great breakfast. We had one dinner consisting of beef stir fry, rice and salad bar. Great nutrition, but stir fry was way too salty and it didn't have too good of a taste. However, it did it for our dinner that night. I loved all the veggies there were in stir fry and at salad bar! There were 3 choices of dressings too. Good choice of drinks for adults and kids. We used pool and fitness room while there and both were good. There is a mini convenience store by the lobby with all the little necessities (foods and drinks, medicine, toiletries, etc.) but stores, mall and restaurants are everywhere around hotel anyway. We highly recommend this hotel and will go back when in the area. We will stay at Homewood somewhere else based on our experience in Brighton, MI.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Slavica I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
#3 of 5 in Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Brighton South - US 23
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!